Which printer will you NOT recomend your worst enemy to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernik

Nov 9, 2004
Yes! Cos I dun want to be flamed .... Clue is ..... the brand starts with the letter B
2nd alphabet is R
3rd is O

Oh well it's 3.14am! It's BROTHER. Think very carefully before you buy this. I have my first the 120C. The ink leaks (it's original ink all the while ok!) and it's prompts you that the ink is low and just WON'T print even though I can still see a healthy amount left in the cartridge.

Bought the 2nd (always believe in 2nd chance) 115C. :cry::cry::cry: Think the same engineers are still working there. I believe they would post great margins for their inks!

I m writing this out of frustration. Really. I don't think I shall compile a sticky of all the worst value printers but feel free to not recommend the printer for your worst enemy!

con't

The company must be posting great profits from it's ink sales.

I am writing this out of frustration. Really. Don't think I shall compile the list into a sticky but please do feel free to NOT recommend your worst printer even to your worst enemy!

con't

I am writing this out of frustration. Really. Don't think I shall compile the list into a sticky but please do feel free to NOT recommend your worst printer even to your worst enemy!

con't

I am writing this out of frustration. Really. Don't think I shall compile the list into a sticky but please do feel free to NOT recommend your worst printer even to your worst enemy

not sure what my brother is, it's those laser scanner/fax/printer thingy i use to print my contracts and make photocopies if i need to. so far so good lor, the contracts it prints out makes me alot of money.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes! Cos I dun want to be flamed .... Clue is ..... the brand starts with the letter B
2nd alphabet is R
3rd is O

Oh well it's 3.14am! It's BROTHER. Think very carefully before you buy this. I have my first the 120C. The ink leaks (it's original ink all the while ok!) and it's prompts you that the ink is low and just WON'T print even though I can still see a healthy amount left in the cartridge.

Bought the 2nd (always believe in 2nd chance) 115C. :cry::cry::cry: Think the same engineers are still working there. I believe they would post great margins for their inks!

I m writing this out of frustration. Really. I don't think I shall compile a sticky of all the worst value printers but feel free to not recommend the printer for your worst enemy!

On the other hand, I am a very satisfy user of Brother MPC-240C, and I recommend my friend to buy, she is equally happy with my recommendation.

I am in the quality control line, the saying goes; in the production line, you may think achieving 99.5% good product is a good achievement, but for every 1000 units sold, there are 5 un-happy buyers, and to those 5 buyers, it is 100% failure.

i think their laser products are good but their MFCs are crap. Their customer support is even worst had a very bad experience working for them.

:embrass: sorry for the multiple post. Must have been stoned from trying to get the printer to work in the wee hrs of the morning.

You can clearly can see there are ink left in the cartridge but the printer just kept asking to hv the cartridge changed.

I remembered the last time I put in a new cartridge, it used up almost 1/4 for the initialising / cleaning process. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

I remembered the last time I put in a new cartridge, it used up almost 1/4 for the initialising / cleaning process. :thumbsd::thumbsd:

Really ah Bro! Initialising/cleaning process takes 1/4 tank! That is outrageous. Eh! Bro, you got gua zhang or not?:)

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: NOLA not gua zhang la. Dun forget the cartridge was never full or near full to begin with!.

I am in the quality control line, the saying goes; in the production line, you may think achieving 99.5% good product is a good achievement, but for every 1000 units sold, there are 5 un-happy buyers, and to those 5 buyers, it is 100% failure.
I must have got 2 of the 5 that slipped through the QC ;(

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: NOLA not gua zhang la. Dun forget the cartridge was never full or near full to begin with!.

I must have got 2 of the 5 that slipped through the QC ;(

can gimme 4 numbers for tomorrow 4D?

think the probably of getting 2 damage sets is rather low, esp across 2 models... to top it off, u got a printer thirsty for ink...

DCP 115C almost a year old.. no prob.. I think you are very lucky.. TWICE.. :bsmilie:

Was using 'Brother' too for a couple of years till it went down so decided to get a new one. Tried Canon & regretted. Think i'll still stick to Brother or HP.

I have used a Brother Laser printer for more than 6 years. Still running strong. Not sure about their other products.

can gimme 4 numbers for tomorrow 4D?

:bsmilie: maybe I shld give you 9999 numbers and you go buy the 1 number that will come out today!

I guess the main distress I hv with both the brothers are the ink management system. The printer just would not go on the moment the ink low msg comes on. You just cannot reset them. Removing the cartridge and putting it back doesn't help either. It's too smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.