Which Poly Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Hello,

I got my Sec 2 streaming results already, but wanna plan early. :bsmilie: I am not sure if I should go into a arts course in poly or not. And with the Direct Admission Exercise thing, which subjects should I take for next year's Sec 3. Any views and opinions? ;p

My only adive is do what you like. I'm in TP now doing engineering 1st year.

think about what u like instead of what the market would recommend.

unless market only sell dao geh, then you bo pian eat dao geh, else grass is always greener on the other side...

I like photography. LOL. That's why I was thinking of a Arts course. But got future anot. :think:

do something tt u really like and have full passion and interest in. cos after going thru poly for near 3 years, i can say that about 70% and above dun like their current course and dun see a future prospect in it. out of those 70%, some are no choice cos of poor O lvl results.

poly art courses are ok, but if ure really into it, how bout trying nafa or la salle?

Hello,

I got my Sec 2 streaming results already, but wanna plan early. :bsmilie: I am not sure if I should go into a arts course in poly or not. And with the Direct Admission Exercise thing, which subjects should I take for next year's Sec 3. Any views and opinions? ;p

Go JC and then University if you can.
You can go to Uni from JC with so-so grades but it is extremely difficult to get into a Uni if from poly. Like what "JerryH" said, most people in poly can't make it to JC, that's why they go there.

With a uni degree or higher, the sky's the limit. With a poly cert, the limit's the sky.
(with exceptions, of course) :cool:

You can go to Uni from JC with so-so grades but it is extremely difficult to get into a Uni if from poly. Like what "JerryH" said, most people in poly can't make it to JC, that's why they go there.

With a uni degree or higher, the sky's the limit. With a poly cert, the limit's the sky.

might as well say aim for sponsorship if you can... lol...

sponsored to overseas big shot uni... university is another whole new universe.

for me, i went to poly, then part time degree, now part time ite, its like, poly and uni just teach u about 20% of what u need to know, the other 80% is depends on which company you go to, and what you learn along the way.

probably will go get another diploma and degree if i can... its better to be jack of all trades if your trades is not your master.

just go take what you really wanna do... (provided u have the choice.)

Who cares about jc or poly first? As long as you study you get good grades.
No point getting lousier grade at JC, then just make it into uni anyway.

if you are handsome or pretty, the best bet is campus superstar! good future! :thumbsup:

For the Brighter or who want to take the safer route.
Pri => Sec => JC => Uni => Work
Typical Plan that the gov has laid for us to take. then you shall work for the forgien corportae empires that we have attracted and slog till you're 65!

At the end of the day you get paid the economy runs and everyone's happy.

But if you're not going to be that sheep you can always go the alternative route.
Try out arts, work at design firms, be your own boss by coming out innovative ideas on designs or photography technics that no one has done before.
But the only way to do so if you have the time and money to waste to trail and error.

Many singapore dun trail cause they cannot afford error.
Error = die
Why? got this loan that loans to pay, got family to feed got house to support got lens to buy got car to support. ETC ETC

So all the best in making your life desicison, good luck.

I will go the road less travelled if I get the first prize in the Big Sweep.

Else, forget it.

For your generation is better to get higher qualifications. The natural best thing to do is go

through the JC path and then uni. If your parent's financials permits, go overseas and come

back as an overseas grad. Local companies and govt are suckers for such "talents"

And join the rest of the SG population who conforms to this current trend and

demands of society

Alternatively, you can go for something you loved. For example, you said you loved

photography and is keen to study Arts & Media. Be sure that this is not another one of your

momentary passing passion. To be honest, if one is really passionate about something,

he/she would not even care if this path is "gotch future anots"

If you need someone here to reassure that your choice is right aka "is got future" ones, I am

afraid nobody can guarantee that. :(

If you want something more of a guarantee, I confirm+chop+guarantee that becoming a

doctor is sure got future ones
icon10.gif

icon11.gif

Yoau are sure thinking way ahead!

Just study hard now and don't worry about the next step. What matters is having good results.

C'mon la, this is singapore. How to do what you like? It's so result orientated. Your choices will be wider if you have good results, narrower if you have bad results.

How about Nursing?
There are opportunities widely available for Nurses here and abroad.

How about Nursing?
There are opportunities widely available for Nurses here and abroad.

Nursing? No thanks. No interest. :bsmilie:

yah all jobs need degreeeee..... 36.5 Degreee =P
I'm one of the sheep in silly singapore. i just hope i can break out from being the sheep in the herd.
But usually you will end up in another place being a different type of sheep that you never imagine yourself to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.