Which Pocketable Compact Camera ?

aloks

Deregistered
Jun 22, 2009
Hi Friends
Since it is not possible to carry a DSLR always and everywhere, I am planning to purchase a Good Quality Pocketable Compact camera, which I will carry with me in my pocket, in my office also, I like most taking Macros, Portraits and Travel Pictures.
Please suggest me a good pocketable camera.

Thanks
aloks

I am using Canon S90, now S95 is availiable, you may look at LX5 too.
I have used it for travelling and taking night shot with low light.

You may chk my FLICKR, I hv some shots taken with it.
Hope I can help.

All compact cameras meet your requirements. Go to a large shop like harvey norman, courts, etc, and test/molest as many as you can, then buy the one that fits your budget and "feels best" to you.

I will suggest Canon G12 or Panasonic LX5, or if you prefer smaller sized ones, S95.

S95 is pocketable.

Thank you friends, I am also inclined towards S 90, let me check S90 users thread.

Regards
Alok

trd2970 said:
I will suggest Canon G12 or Panasonic LX5, or if you prefer smaller sized ones, S95.

Between G12 & LX5, which is a better choice?

All compact cameras meet your requirements. Go to a large shop like harvey norman, courts, etc, and test/molest as many as you can, then buy the one that fits your budget and "feels best" to you.

Agreed. Nowadays a decent PnS is very affordable, some are even below S$200.

neither is better... they got their own strengths and weakness

I use LX5 in my shirt pocket which is large enough, though some shirts come with smaller pockets. Lx5 should match shirt pocket when buying shirts. Lx5 hangs around neck with laso and inserts camera in pocket and just pulls it out for fast draw and shoot. There is no need to put it trouser's pocket which is mingled with pocket wallet, etc.... troublesome

ExplorerZ said:
neither is better... they got their own strengths and weakness

Ok. Say is for travel, taking landscape, people. And a bit of close up/ macro.

Which to recommend?

Ok lah. To help you decide, I would say go for the LX-5. I have the G10 too but does not use it much as I find it too heavy and bulky. I think the LX-5 would be more convenient and the faster lens would be a great advantage.

quite like the Panasonic TZ series.
12x optical zoom!

Ok. Say is for travel, taking landscape, people. And a bit of close up/ macro.

Which to recommend?

Another vote for LX5, really good camera :)

LX5 technically better than s95.

But you cant "pocket" the LX5...no way ...unless you are wearing baggy pants of the '80s

wow...you are good.. put in shirt pocket a little bit weird cos can look like saggy breast ...hehe

I use LX5 in my shirt pocket which is large enough, though some shirts come with smaller pockets. Lx5 should match shirt pocket when buying shirts. Lx5 hangs around neck with laso and inserts camera in pocket and just pulls it out for fast draw and shoot. There is no need to put it trouser's pocket which is mingled with pocket wallet, etc.... troublesome

wow...you are good.. put in shirt pocket a little bit weird cos can look like saggy breast ...hehe

with breast removal surgery done on the other side........

Wear jacket, so can't see breast, big or small, not prominent, so long as convenient to P+S. and practical, leh