Which PnS camera to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruggink

Jul 2, 2008
I'm currently looking for a PnS camera as a gift. Did some research on the Net but still quite clueless. My requirement are very simple. 1) Compact (no SLR design) 2) Wide angle preferred.

Hope you guys can provide me with your valuable comments or experiences. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Hard to go wrong with the best-
Fuji F200EXR
or
Panasonic LX3

Panasonic LX3 looks pretty cool! Thank tyho for the suggestion.

For the rest of the kind souls who are posting, kindly stately the price if you happen to know. Thanks a million!

Panasonic LX3 looks pretty cool! Thank tyho for the suggestion.

For the rest of the kind souls who are posting, kindly stately the price if you happen to know. Thanks a million!

Your question comes up about twice a week... "please recommend good compact/Pns with wide angle, etc etc".

I do suggest a search for "LX3 F200EXR" or even "recommend pns" and read from there. Prices are mentioned too, and you yourself could get out and look at a harvey norman or courts at the range of Pns and their prices.

I'm currently looking for a PnS camera as a gift. Did some research on the Net but still quite clueless. My requirement are very simple. 1) Compact (no SLR design) 2) Wide angle preferred.

Hope you guys can provide me with your valuable comments or experiences. ;)

Thanks in advance!

I think you should state your price range as well. It can cost from 200+ to even around 800.

It's hard if you did not specify on your requirements.

I have stated my requirement. If you dont see any budget mentioned, it means price is not a matter.

I have stated my requirement. If you dont see any budget mentioned, it means price is not a matter.

My bad. If price doesn't matter. Personally i feel LX3 is a very good choice (so far all positive feedback from friend and had play around with it before. price around 700). If you feeling generous. Can always take a look at Leica Lux 3 or Lux 4 (around 1.1k if i am not wrong) as well...:)

Last edited:
Yes my vote to LX 3. Do note the slightly lacking for video function of LX3
Canon G10 also, but could be a little bigger then LX3

You may wish to consider IXUS 110 too. 28 mm wide if not wrong.

wait a min...
u really want a pns as in pns or a prosumer(LX3,etc)

if its really just point and shoot- meaning user wont be using manual/shuuter/aperature pirority/etc (use is clueless abt such functions and just really want automode) , I will suggest u avoid any of the prosumer and get somethings sleeker/nicer looking camera(rather than going for Image Quality)...this is more important if you are buying for girls. I have personal exp that girls prefer sleeker, nicer , pretty cam that can come cheap as compared to bulky stuff like LX3. yes LX3 can be consider bulky to some ppl.

The Lumix LX3 is definately not a camera for the men in the street.

wait a min...

if its really just point and shoot- meaning user wont be using manual/shuuter/aperature pirority/etc (use is clueless abt such functions and just really want automode) , I will suggest u avoid any of the prosumer and get somethings sleeker/nicer looking camera(rather than going for Image Quality)...this is more important if you are buying for girls. I have personal exp that girls prefer sleeker, nicer , pretty cam that can come cheap as compared to bulky stuff like LX3. yes LX3 can be consider bulky to some ppl.

Leica Lux 3 then! it's cool...since money is not a problem to you....

wait a min...

Yes u have made a valid point. The present is for my beloved wife and I think she will want a nice, pinky PnS rather than a bulky LX3 that can deliver good IQ pictures. Even if I get LX3, it will be the silver-colored one (though I like the black one myself).

TQVM!

How abt the Panasonic Tz-7?

Thanks for the suggestion! This is so-far the widest PnS suggested at 25mm. The ones I researched were only 28mm. :thumbsup:

My bad. If price doesn't matter. Personally i feel LX3 is a very good choice (so far all positive feedback from friend and had play around with it before. price around 700). If you feeling generous. Can always take a look at Leica Lux 3 or Lux 4 (around 1.1k if i am not wrong) as well...:)

Thanks josshing. Leica's PnS still not regarded as the mainstream brands, i supposed and I think it will be cool to own one :bsmilie:. Optically I trust Leica and hopefully I can find out the price at our usual fave camera stores.

Yes u have made a valid point. The present is for my beloved wife and I think she will want a nice, pinky PnS rather than a bulky LX3 that can deliver good IQ pictures. Even if I get LX3, it will be the silver-colored one (though I like the black one myself).

TQVM!

How about the Sony T-series? Practically PnS. No need to adjust setting (e.g. no need to adjust even you are shooting near to an object, it will auto Macro).

It's nice and slim too. Good for ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.