which picture viewer you use on your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
hi, just want to check with you, which picture viewer you use at home to view photos? Actually long ago, I realise that the image looks very much sharper when you use canon software/PS than windows viewer. so which one is the correct one? quite misleading initially, as you thought your photos look so sharp when you open with canon zoom browser.
any comment?

Canon ZoomBrowser EX.. It's just way better and faster, and unlike the windows viewer, going back and forth between pictures won't give you that split second of white 'generating preview' thing.

in PC - using Picasa... Superb free software. Can even make your own movie (slideshow) to give to your friends or upload to youtube. :)
in Mac - using iPhoto right now...

The question is why is the picture looks sharper when view with zoom browser than windows viewer?

The question is why is the picture looks sharper when view with zoom browser than windows viewer?

Many picture viewers will automatically resize the images to fit the screen. The resized picture may look nice and sharp, or it may look blurry, depending on the resizing algorithm the program uses.

However, some software also applies some sharpening on the resized screen image, so that it appears nice and sharp. Picassa does this, and so does Vallen JPegger. My version of ACDsee (v 5.0) does not sharpen the preview pics, so it looks noticeably "soft" compared to Picassa and Vallen.

then which one is the original?

Hi, how do i download a english copy of Picasa ?
How come mine is chinese copy ?
Thanks.

Does anyone use IE to view pics?

I use ACDSee Pro 2. Will try Picasa later.

Hi, how do i download a english copy of Picasa ?
How come mine is chinese copy ?
Thanks.

just have to change the language option to 'english'
cos by defualt its chinese

:thumbsup:

Guys,

Anyone find that irfanview is sharper but noiser? Whereas windows picture and fax viewer is soft and lesser noise?

So which program provide the most accuracy to the printed copies?

I use PicaView 32..... a very old program I was using since Window98..... but useful for quick viewing.... but Jpeg only :sweat:

Guys,

Anyone find that irfanview is sharper but noiser? Whereas windows picture and fax viewer is soft and lesser noise?

So which program provide the most accuracy to the printed copies?
the camera you use should have their own image browser programme, if you don't have any, you can download a few freewares, irfanview is small programme but good for editing and batch post processing, you can try other freeware like Picasa or Faststone.

I find windows picture and fax viewer is the worst, is there anyway to uninstall it?

Status
Not open for further replies.