Which photoshop software would you recommend?

putput

Jun 4, 2011
Hi Seniors,

Which photoshop software would you recommend? I'm looking at Serif photo editor and Photoshop Element 9.
I tried google-ing it but still too stupid to know which one is better.
Please guide me...

What's wrong with the software that came with your camera? It's free and it does the basic stuffs. for other recommendations please have a look into Digital Darkroom section. Help yourself a bit.

If you are just doing basic editing, the those free software will do a decent job.

I have a friend who bougt the original Photoshop cs5 & MacBook pro when they were first launched., but she only used it to crop/rotate/resize photos....

Hi Seniors,

Which photoshop software would you recommend? I'm looking at Serif photo editor and Photoshop Element 9.
Please guide me...

by the way... Photoshop is the name of the software, not the general term for image editing software.

Thread starter, presumably using Nikon D7000 camera, may consider the Nikon freeware Nikon ViewNX2 which maybe downloaded from Nikon website or the CD accompanying with the camera. Nikon ViewNX2 performs basic photograph management, cataloging and basic image processing.

Hi Seniors,

Please guide me...

hmm...it all depends on whether you want it free or $$$...:bsmilie:

1) You can use the bundled-software that came along e.g. ViewNX/2 or DPP etc...:cool:
2) You can try Photoshop Element 9, should be rather easy to use and most importantly, pretty :thumbsup:-results after some practice...:heart:it!!

Hope my above sharing helps...;)

Try looking for Picasa. It is a free download.

well i think for the photos editing purpose photoshop himself is the better software and it deals nicely with the pictures and it provides quality of picture and we could edit them with our own will . so i will recommend adobe photoshop for the photo editing propose

Lightroom 3 not bad mah. i using it.

I am using freeware Faststone Image Viewer, it is easy to use and intuitive unless
you are doing heavy editing.

I am learning and using it too...
i love their features although can't really compare to CS, it allows u to upload directly into Flickr and Facebook which is really great.

seanyzf said:
i love their features although can't really compare to CS, it allows u to upload directly into Flickr and Facebook which is really great.

I think both softwares are meant to be complimentary to each other I.e. You can use both for one picture instead of thinking of it as rival products..