Which photolab prints RAW images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisheye1314

Dec 16, 2008
Hi,
I have just bought a Canon 40D and shot all my images in RAW.
Realised that no mini-lab is willing to print in RAW.

Anyone knows of a lab that can take RAW files?

Cheers

none.....
as the software lab use does not support raw format

if the lab really really really want to print your raw files, there have to open it at photoshop and convert it jpg, than use the lab printing software to do color and density adjustment from there.

do note each individuals camera made and model have different RAW formats, so the labs may not able to open your raw files in their photoshop. and most of them are not very good in photoshop, unlikely willing to take your orders.

you have to convert your RAW file to jpg or tiff yourself, please note not all labs accept tiff files, as tiff file are very much larger than jpg, they worry it may slow down or cause their system hanging.

Hi,
I have just bought a Canon 40D and shot all my images in RAW.
Realised that no mini-lab is willing to print in RAW.

Anyone knows of a lab that can take RAW files?

Cheers

Don't mind me asking, cause I have the impression that you wish to print without any processing to your pictures. Then why shoot RAW instead of Jpeg in the first place?

Actually, the idea behind shooting RAW is to allow the photographer maximum flexiblility in the manner in which he may edit the image. If you prefer to send the images straight to print, you're better off using the JPEG format.

Ya, why didn't you shoot jpeg instead if you don't intend to do any PP?

I guess you can do a batch convert to jpeg and send for printing...

you might be pretty disappointed with the quality of the raw pics if you print it just as it is...
this is a pic with minimal editing...

Common newbie misconception: "Want better images, shoot on RAW". Probably thought that that meant "better" right out of the camera.

yea try to post process.. if nt u may nt achieve wad u desire in the photos

if nt, maybe u wld jus wanna print, u could do a batch convert to jpg in the software provided from canon

Status
Not open for further replies.