Which Photo - Who Decides

Prince Photogenic

Dec 11, 2010
Hello everyone,

Just one question to pop-off from my mind. In a TF shoot, the MUA, model and photog may be looking for different feel or to be spcific, different pictures.

While the photog owns the copyrights, who decides which photos to use? Solely the decision of the photog?

Hello everyone,

Just one question to pop-off from my mind. In a TF shoot, the MUA, model and photog may be looking for different feel or to be spcific, different pictures.

While the photog owns the copyrights, who decides which photos to use? Solely the decision of the photog?

Usually in a TF shoot, you decide beforehand what the terms are. All pics unedited, only the top 20 pics, only the top 10 edited pics, etc. Be clear before the shoot and you should be fine.

Usually in a TF shoot, you decide beforehand what the terms are. All pics unedited, only the top 20 pics, only the top 10 edited pics, etc. Be clear before the shoot and you should be fine.

So the models and MUA don't get to decide what they want, or is this up to me as well? I think the MUA might benefit from some close-up shots, i don't know..

I'm trying to be fair to all parties so that we all benefit and no one feels cheated..

So the models and MUA don't get to decide what they want, or is this up to me as well? I think the MUA might benefit from some close-up shots, i don't know..

I'm trying to be fair to all parties so that we all benefit and no one feels cheated..

That's why I said... you need to discuss BEFOREHAND. When you and the MUA are agreeing on a TF, you ask her what shots she needs.

hi TS, like what Rashkae said, discussion is needed... no room for surprises... state the number of pics u will delivere (i usually promise 3-5 only).. the resolution (don give out hi res, u will spoil them and this is bad for photographers in general, i promise 1000 - 12000 pixels on the long side)

and if you find u have too many TFCD requests, it is time to charge. Again this is for the general good for all photographers.. our equipments cost money isn't it? Even the lowest entry level DSLR cost 800-1.3k...

they are people who use TFCD to get free photos.. so make sure u gain something from the shoot... if they demand u give all because what you like may not be what they like, this only means they didn't even border to check your style, they just need someone to keep pressing the shutter and hoepfully there will be some shots they like.. i think this is sad.. it only means u r just another photographer, and nothing about you is attractive to them...

every picture need to find its owner :)