Which photo printer to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

Jan 7, 2004
Hi,

Anyone can throw some light on:

1. Which is the best home printer that gives vivid print with quality closest to those from shops (and how close it is), for max A4 size. (and not too costly, of course)
2. How long these prints can last?

Looking at Canon PIXMA iP4000 at the IT Show - it is comparable?

Thanks in advance.

Deb

Deb said:
Hi,

Anyone can throw some light on:

1. Which is the best home printer that gives vivid print with quality closest to those from shops (and how close it is), for max A4 size. (and not too costly, of course)
2. How long these prints can last?

Looking at Canon PIXMA iP4000 at the IT Show - it is comparable?

Thanks in advance.

Deb

HI Deb,

I am using Canon Pixma 5000. 1 picolitre droplet size. Very pleased with the output so far.

Try the iP 3000, I'm using one and the A4 printout is comparable to printouts from labs. All my prints are okay. Think its going for 199 now.

Thanks for the feedback. Initially I was thinking of buying iP3000, then realized the iP4000 has got one extra Photo-black cartridge, which should print the grey shades better. I think the 2-picoliter is quite okay for my purpose, of course 1-pico is better.
Deb

Xing said:
Try the iP 3000, I'm using one and the A4 printout is comparable to printouts from labs. All my prints are okay. Think its going for 199 now.

Hey xing, i read that the duplex printing on ip3000 can only allow minimum size of B4 paper... is it true?

Meaning to say we can't use duplex function on A4 size paper?

Canon S990 - $299 at SLS

Cost of the 7 ink tanks alone is about $100

I think you may have got it wrong...... there are two black cartridges, one is Pigment black - for printing office document (like reports or MS Words), the other is Photo black (so called extra in your terms) - for printing photo quality black with Canon Photo Pro paper.

Deb said:
Thanks for the feedback. Initially I was thinking of buying iP3000, then realized the iP4000 has got one extra Photo-black cartridge, which should print the grey shades better. I think the 2-picoliter is quite okay for my purpose, of course 1-pico is better.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.