Which photo paper does professional use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maisatomai1

Dec 26, 2013
Singapore
for myself as a consumer, I use fuji crystal supreme and the fujilab. What photo paper and machine do professional use?

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/photofinishing/digital_minilabs/lp5500/
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/photofinishing/digital_minilabs/lp7700/

LP5500-High resolution of 600 dpi with Image Intelligence™, guaranteeing beautiful image quality
LP 7700-Solid-state laser exposure engine produces high-resolution 300 × 600 dpi images in beautiful life-like color tones

So LP7700 better?

Last edited:
I don't think this is relevant. It's similar as to debating sensor types and sizes.
More important is a colour managed workflow with calibrated screen. Then you can proof your images with the photo lab. Do some test prints and discuss the results with the technician. Important is that those "Image Intelligence" and other automatic functions are NOT used. Otherwise all your editing and intentional changes will be removed by applying algorithms and standard settings which are otherwise good for holiday snapshots but unwanted here..

Many places have such machines, but not all of them can give me what I want, I will stick to the operater who understand my taste.
Some like many people have 5DMK3 or D800E, but not all can produce quality works.

I think it doesnt depend on the paper. For me it depends on the quality of the printer :) IMO only. hihi

I think it doesnt depend on the paper. For me it depends on the quality of the printer :) IMO only. hihi

I am afraid but you are wrong dear. Paper is as important as Image, Printer, Inks & Workflow/Color Management etc.

Listing few famous photo paper types:
1. Lustre
2. Baryta
3. Fine art

from Ilford, Hahnemuhle, Inkpress, Harman, MOAB.

I read somewhere on a forum, photo paper is just like a wine, every photographer has his/her own taste, some will like the warm tone of Ilford's Baryta paper and some will like the cool tone of Harman's Baryta, ;)

Er... no... sorry.

Paper is very important too. Actually, the different paper would allow for better representation of your photo. Try using a normal photostating paper to print your photo and see what I mean.

of course printer is important, paper too was important.

Last edited:
I am afraid but you are wrong dear. Paper is as important as Image, Printer, Inks & Workflow/Color Management etc.

Listing few famous photo paper types:
1. Lustre
2. Baryta
3. Fine art

from Ilford, Hahnemuhle, Inkpress, Harman, MOAB.

I read somewhere on a forum, photo paper is just like a wine, every photographer has his/her own taste, some will like the warm tone of Ilford's Baryta paper and some will like the cool tone of Harman's Baryta, ;)

TS is asking for information about what Photography Paper which use by Fuji frontier minilab printer.
this are those Fujicolor Crystal Archive Papers that feed into this type of machines,
pic_01.png

He is not asking what paper that use by professional or consumer ink jet printer.

anyway, he has a very interesting idea which he already deleted the thread. Since than he has not been log in, I guess he already had the answer he is looking for.

and FYI, the printer can be referring to a person who operate the printing machine, not just the machine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.