Which photo management tool do you use?

Which photo management tool do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckwheat

Nov 15, 2004
Interested to know what everyone uses to manage their photos and what is generally regarded as the better solution...

I used iPhoto before on Mac. I used Picasa 2 when I switch back to Window OS.

There isn't a "better" solution. It depends entirely on yr workflow.

I use bridge cos its closely integrated with PS, and it serves as a host for camera raw which is what I use to process my raw files. I like the fact that it shows updated previews of adjusted raw files without having to convert it to another format, so its much easier to see which images have potential without having to "imagine" what a shot could look like. Other programs tend to show you the embedded jpeg file in the preview, unlike bridge which generates its own previews.

Also, I use xmp files instead of a central cache to store conversion settings, so bridge helps keep the link with the original raw files, regardless of whether i rename the file or move it elsewhere. If I did this outside of bridge I'd have to keep track of the xmp files myself.

Using ACDSee for the longest time. Seriously contemplating changing over to Adobe Bridge, solely because of how it can be tightly integrated with the raw conversion workflow.

i've been using ACDSee Pro for some time now...felt its much faster than the other versions. Good for viewing and managing my pictures and some light editing when i don't need photoshop. :)

odd but true, i'm using nikon view mainly and ACDsee 8 Pro.

Picasa 2 - fast, FOC, simple.., batch exporting, easy to search photo and link to HDD directory ;)
I'm glad that there are still good things that are FOC.. :thumbsup:

Paul_Yeo said:
using iPhoto. But dun really like it. Changed to ACDSee

what dont you like about iPhoto that ACDSee does better?

Anybody have any opinion after using Aperture???

Picasa !
Free and Good!
Nice features such as Collage maker

I've very happy with the speed of ACDSee. Great software. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.