Which photo magazines do you read?

Which photo magazines do you read?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dun have PB and Hust?

Magazines? What are magazines? oh oh you mean those paper thingies.... woo hoo... so quaint and olde-worlde....

:bsmilie:

well, truth is i spend more time getting news from online sites.... and i never buy the magazines, only read at the bookshop ;p

Originally posted by Darren
Magazines? What are magazines? oh oh you mean those paper thingies.... woo hoo... so quaint and olde-worlde....

:bsmilie:

well, truth is i spend more time getting news from online sites.... and i never buy the magazines, only read at the bookshop ;p

Wah Darren, that's very bad. No wonder I always see tattered and torn copies of magazines in the bookshops. ;p

Regards
CK

:D Anyone see my long (in my usual style) letter in the letters page of Professional Photographer a few months back?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

photo magazines are very expensive (for my standard), and I would rather save the money and buy photo books. Magazines...I am only interested in the advertisement in it...there are not much useful info...

i subscribed to outdoor photographer for 3-4 years (still have all the copies) since 94, liked the columns of Galen Rowell, DeWitt Jones and other 'household' names. Have been a bit commercial as of late (lots of camera shop adverts in the rear pages now) Subscription was significantly cheaper than buying off the rack.

Currently reading outdoor photography for UK location ideas ;)

The basic UK photo magazines are actually pretty useful for basic photography techniques/ideas. Also, they give away a lot of free stuff like free film (recently i saw Elitechrome...), doubtful cokin-style special effects filters etc....

Originally posted by erwinx
i subscribed to outdoor photographer for 3-4 years (still have all the copies) since 94, liked the columns of Galen Rowell, DeWitt Jones and other 'household' names. Have been a bit commercial as of late (lots of camera shop adverts in the rear pages now) Subscription was significantly cheaper than buying off the rack.

Currently reading outdoor photography for UK location ideas ;)

The basic UK photo magazines are actually pretty useful for basic photography techniques/ideas. Also, they give away a lot of free stuff like free film (recently i saw Elitechrome...), doubtful cokin-style special effects filters etc....

The next Amateur Photographer will have a free roll of Ilford Delta 400 Pro. Not sure if the SG version will have though. Watch out for it. :)

Regards
CK

One of the best mags I've read is <A HREF="http://www.naturephotographermag.com/">Nature photographer</A>. No nonsense, hardly any advertising (unlike Pop Photo / practical photog etc), and full of excellent material.

Most mags available are junk. specially shutterbug and pop photo. I bum them off friends :) ;p

Darren & others,

Any good websites to read up, especially reviews + pricelists?

I know of ClubSNAP!

but how abt others?

Thanks! ;)

how about clubsnap mag ? :D think will be very popular !!

I used to read Outdoor Photography, but too expensive to maintain :cry:

Drop the magazine, how about getting a nice hard cover book instead? I bought this "Practical Photography- How to get the best picture everytime" by John Freeman. Hard Cover with 250+ pages and lots of nice pictures. I got it at $18.90 , from MPH at Raffles City. Good deal! :gbounce:

i usually only buy Pratical Photog. the rest i just browse thru in the stores. Popular Photog is quite a waste of $$$ if you buy, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.