Which Photo development centre?


Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,606
0
0
Visit site
Hi all, just asking for a friend of mine who is thinking of sending
his wedding photos (protraits - about 1M size of raw data each taken by DSLR - i think is D1) for print.

Which of the following or rather any good photo development centre that you can recommed?

1. Poto Elite.
2. The small development shop next to CP at Penisular.
3. Kodak centre at Penisular.


Thanks
;)
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by scanner
Hi all, just asking for a friend of mine who is thinking of sending
his wedding photos (protraits - about 1M size of raw data each taken by DSLR - i think is D1) for print.

Which of the following or rather any good photo development centre that you can recommed?

1. Poto Elite.
2. The small development shop next to CP at Penisular.
3. Kodak centre at Penisular.


Thanks
;)
Colour Lab (Foto Elite) at Adelphi. Excellent.

Regards
CK
 

shawntim

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
487
0
0
can i ask what is the rate of service for such shops ? how long does it need to get printed after i pass them the media, say in a CDR ? and how much is one 4R ?
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by shawntim
can i ask what is the rate of service for such shops ? how long does it need to get printed after i pass them the media, say in a CDR ? and how much is one 4R ?
1 4R is 50 cents. But there is a handling fee of $5 per media. They typically take 2 days to print, sometimes shorter, depending on their load.

Regards
CK
 

shawntim

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
487
0
0
i think the beauty of photography is actually the physical photographs that you can see in an album, not just on the webpage.

but not considering features of film and digital cameras, does it feel better to own a film camera or a digital camera ? I like a digital camera coz of it's features, even if it's darn expensive, but what i don't like is that it can't print unto paper as straightforward as a film camera does -> just pass the roll of film to the shop and that's it.

i'm thinking of getting a camera soon, but still considering whether should get a digi one or film one.. major concern is technology.. methods of transfer may be absolete in a few years, but film and negatives never go out of fashion. so what do you ppl think ?

going traveling at the end of the year.. thinking of arming myself with 20-30 rolls of film rather than 2 x 1 Gg Microdrive.
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by shawntim
i think the beauty of photography is actually the physical photographs that you can see in an album, not just on the webpage.

but not considering features of film and digital cameras, does it feel better to own a film camera or a digital camera ? I like a digital camera coz of it's features, even if it's darn expensive, but what i don't like is that it can't print unto paper as straightforward as a film camera does -> just pass the roll of film to the shop and that's it.

i'm thinking of getting a camera soon, but still considering whether should get a digi one or film one.. major concern is technology.. methods of transfer may be absolete in a few years, but film and negatives never go out of fashion. so what do you ppl think ?

going traveling at the end of the year.. thinking of arming myself with 20-30 rolls of film rather than 2 x 1 Gg Microdrive.
I don't see what's the big difference. The closest thing you can do is to pass the lab the memory card. That's the "film". It's still new, so it costs a bit more.

Evaluate your needs. Are you going to be shooting a lot? If you are, then go digital. If not, stay with film. Also consider if you can live with the P&S digital, or do you want the digital SLR, which will feel a lot more like a film SLR with much better quality.

Regards
CK
 

Status
Not open for further replies.