Which PDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

hey everyone..

i'm thinking of finally upgrading from my Handspring Visor Deluxe (which I had for abt 4-5 yrs) to a new colour screen, faster processor and bigger memory PDA..

are there any good suggestions of a value for money PDA? i'm not a very rich person so price should be kept as low as possible.. ;p

one of the consideration is that i might want to carry a mobile photo album of my shots so that i can 'show-off' whenever the need arises.. ;p

pls do help.. :angel:

P/S: i've tried posting this question at spug.net but didn't get many useful responses there.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Linkster
hey everyone..

i'm thinking of finally upgrading from my Handspring Visor Deluxe (which I had for abt 4-5 yrs) to a new colour screen, faster processor and bigger memory PDA..

are there any good suggestions of a value for money PDA? i'm not a very rich person so price should be kept as low as possible.. ;p

one of the consideration is that i might want to carry a mobile photo album of my shots so that i can 'show-off' whenever the need arises.. ;p

pls do help.. :angel:

P/S: i've tried posting this question at spug.net but didn't get many useful responses there.. :rolleyes:

Go 2nd hand and grab a non X-scale PPC cheaply. Or maybe the Clie :devil:

which clie? so many to choose from.. :dunno:

Anyone with colour? Ur needs are u want to use as a PDA and display pictures in your albums. If u have a SD/CF camera it makes sense for u to get a PDA with SD or CF slots. Sony users would probably want the clie cos it supports MS. ans Since u r displaying pictures, its best to get one with a bigger screen.

Go for Tungsten T for $699 (Cash) at AAA - Sim Lim Sq. I heard you can even get a extra 32/64SD card with the package.

If you want to pay by installment, its S$708 at Harvey Norman for 12 months interest free CC installment.

Both packages come with a free (useless) Creative MP3 player. :D

Originally posted by Jason Ho
Go for Tungsten T for $699 (Cash) at AAA - Sim Lim Sq. I heard you can even get a extra 32/64SD card with the package.

If you want to pay by installment, its S$708 at Harvey Norman for 12 months interest free CC installment.

Both packages come with a free (useless) Creative MP3 player. :D

the tungsten t sure looks promising.. wonder if the price would drop further? and for that matter, would there be any chance of newer models in the pipeline? coz i may not be buying a PDA immediately now.. will still wait and see.. :gbounce:

the tungsten t sure looks promising.. wonder if the price would drop further? and for that matter, would there be any chance of newer models in the pipeline? coz i may not be buying a PDA immediately now.. will still wait and see.. :gbounce:

It has already dropped from $800++ to $699. I don't think it will drop any further. ;)

Linkster, you can find tons of resources at SPUG.net (S'pore Palm User Group) and on Sony Clie at Cliesource.

If you're interested in a second hand unit, i'm sure you will find a lot of great deals at SPUG. Good luck! ;)

No.. no.. as a member of CS you should take a closer look at Sony Clie NZ90. It comes with a buildin 2mp digicam and a flash!! Only drawback is the form factor. Well... i'll let you decide.

M'sian PDA links-

www.mypdacafe.com (Palm & PPC)
www.kvpug.org (Klang Valley Palm User Group)

i juz bot my G3 recently so i do not have that much to spare.. the PDA has to be below $1000 definitely.. preferably lower than $600-$700? :dunno:

I think you can get either the Ipaq 1910 or the Asus Mypal, should be $500+. Not too sure whether the 1910 is out in Singapore though.

Me also looking for a PDA soon, I need one that can use a WiFi card, and in that area, I think Palm sucks.

Originally posted by AlfaNutz

I think you can get either the Ipaq 1910 or the Asus Mypal, should be $500+. Not too sure whether the 1910 is out in Singapore though.

Me also looking for a PDA soon, I need one that can use a WiFi card, and in that area, I think Palm sucks.

iPAQ 1915 will be in Sin about April @ US$299

Status
Not open for further replies.