Which one would you all do?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

agape01

Feb 13, 2003
Somewhere Out There
Visit site
I am wondering whether would you guys rather spend money on going on photography trips that cost about SGD$5000 including airfare on a super long photography vacation or would rather spend the money on cameras, lenses and gears?

Just a friendly discussion.... :D

I would say... "TRIP"

other than taking photos... to be able to understand the culture of different people, the way they live is something that we are not able to understand thru books!!!

my SGD0.02

The trip for me anytime.

TRIP!! :thumbsup:...

No point having great gears but not putting them to good use...

IMHO, satisfaction from photography should come more from shooting, and not merely from owning fantastic gears... ;)

Can't see myself plonking down 5k for a trip, so it'll have to be gear for me.

i know if the 5k goes to lenses, esp used ones, i'm going get most it back when i sell. (and then maybe still can go for that trip. :D)

HEY DUDE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE WHILE!

aguppy :kok: :kok:

Anyway, it'd be the trip for me. Although I would be tempted to spend the cash on a D2X... :devil:

i was calculating my gears today and it amount up to a good colour 1 carat diamond ring.

Now given $17,000, will you buy a 1 carat ring for your love one, or buy a camera system with the money?

i will travel with 5k. no questions asked.

$2.5k on gear, $2.5k on trip.

:cool:

$5000 on the trip, provided i already have some equipment to take decent photos.

i would rather go to a dream holiday destination with a cheap point-n-shoot, rather than bring expensive equipment to nearby places where i've been before. still have to worry about losing them to crime :sweat:

5k cant really buy much stuff.. so i'd say go for the trip. i'll go even if i only have a cheap lomo and a tripod.

will spend 2k on a 80-200 f2.8 , and spend the rest on a trip. but if the 5k can only spend on either one, i will go for trip.

I have just recently spent my hard earned 5k on a Europe trip. No regret at all. Only had a $200 second hand EOS300 with me, but It was the best 3 weeks of my life :)

Can go to another country, find a job, be a expat, then use the salary to buy cameras and lenses. Thats what I did..... ;)
(PS aguppy HI!)

This calls for WAR dude, :devil:

Since the point has been made, I don't see the point in this thread anymore and is hereby closed.

The Moderator
ClubSNAP

Status
Not open for further replies.