which one will you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chjing

Sep 11, 2006
hi, no offence. just want to find out from you all which one will you choose to buy?
1. canon 70-200 f2.8L
2. canon 70-200 f4 IS
Thank you

sorry.

and why please?

ok. how about the bokeh?

ok. how about the bokeh?

any reason?

all depends on what you need it for. if you do a lot of low light action, the 2.8. if for casual shooting. the F4....it's much easier to handle.

as for the bokeh, they both have 8 aperture blades, so they should be similar. you'll just be able to get a shallower DOF with the 2.8

I have used both and i will go for the F4 version. The weight of 2.8 is really a killer. :sweat:

the size of the f2.8 is better, easier to hold and more comfortable. provides a better gripping surface.

2.8 for me anytime............ You can get whatever you expect from F4L IS with 2.8L provided using it with correct holding technics or monopod. But not the other way round.

2.8 is heavier but it is something anyone can get used to after sometime.:cool::cool:

sorry.

and why please?

Other than weight, i don't need f/2.8 at all and cheaper as well. But these are personal prefs so do try them out yourself and then make your final decision. Pic quality wise, both are similar.

well, tho i don use canon, i would still choose the f2.8, with newer camera popping out so often with better and better NR, one can easily bump the ISO to get pretty decent shutter for handheld without IS.
I use to find my 80-200 too heavy, but now when i handheld my other lens, i find them too light... -_-", but i still prefer light load when it comes to carrying gear around.

F4 IS

IQ much better at tele end and weight for travelling. If i need a faster lens, i would prefer primes

Status
Not open for further replies.