which one to get first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Nov 28, 2004
Bedok
Hi,
I would like to have u guys advice.I have 2 item in my mind (SB 800 & Lenses) for D70 so which one is more practical to get first, lenses or SB800?

Regards.

Doesn't it depend on what you aim to accomplish currently? Unless you're telling us you bought D70 body alone.... then i'll say screw the flash and get a lense. :p

If you can make do with the current lense, and need the flash now, then get the flash lor. We can't really advise you on what to get leh.

Which one more practical depends on which want you need. If you're keen on taking events, a flash is a must. IMHO, the kit lense should be sufficient for most uses.

Personally, I take landscapes more and really, a flash don't matter much.

Seriously, if you are feeling the gian-ness in photography, get both. Coz in the end, you will get both eventually......so why wait and miss photo ops?

;p Really lar, not joking.

This is a tough decision...I went for the lens first, only because I managed to "borrow" a flash for use in the meantime before I got my own Speedlite.

If you already have a lens and is comfortable using it, then the flash is the next-in-line purchase. Otherwise, I think the lens is more important than the flash...without a good lens, even the best Speedlight is of no use. :think:

get the lens first. flash can borrow

Get the lens first, and use sunlight (its free), daylight, moonlight, ambient light, street light, candle light. You learn faster without a flash.

I suggest to hold on a second with your purchase. With your question, I worry that you don't know what you are trying to get at :D

I believe you already have a lens (because only a super duper jerk asking which one to get, if he only have a camera body). So make use the best of it. Over the time you will realize what you are missing. By then, you don't even need to ask that question ;)

:) I bought the D70 with kit.Intend to take macro pic.

Tay said:
:) I bought the D70 with kit.Intend to take macro pic.

Then you'll need a lens (better yet, a macro lens) first. You still can get very good macro shots without using a flash when the light condition is okay, but you might not be able to get very good macro shots with the kit lens.

A Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro lens costs less than $350 only. Can get better ones if you wanna put more money in ;)

Good luck and happy shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.