which one ? Sigma 24-70 f2.8 / Tamron 28-75 F2.8 / Sigma 28-70 F2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
locksley said:
WHich one to get ?
:)

Take Sigma 24-70. Best value for $ except u may have to spend $ on a 82mm filter.

Don bother about the Tokina. Waste $ and time.

I got the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, quite happy with the size and pics taken. Got a Sigma 28-70 f2.8 (second hand, non-D version) before, didn't like it. Sold one week after I got it.

Heard the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 is quite soft when wide open. Don't have any experience on this one.

Good luck!

jeff49er said:
Take Sigma 24-70. Best value for $ except u may have to spend $ on a 82mm filter.

Don bother about the Tokina. Waste $ and time.

Hmm
how much is a 82 filter ? (like UV & CP & Yellow)

what's the price range for these 3 lens? thanks

locksley said:
Hmm
how much is a 82 filter ? (like UV & CP & Yellow)

man o man

HMC for 77mm costs me $50 plus plus. cant imagine....

Jeff
Also proud owner of 30V

Have read the following comparison between Sigma 24-70 and Tokina 28-80, both constant f2.8

http://www.tawbaware.com/sigma_tokina_test1.htm

Personally like the Tokina better......CP selling at $800 plus which is 2X the price of the Tokina 28-70 f2.8 SV (offer price around S$400). Beside the difference of 10mm, wonder how is the quality of the SV?

Tamron 28-75 is around S$630.

yangbeng said:
get the tamron 28-75 f2.8. sharp, contrasty and light-weight. cheap too compared to the 24-70 f2.8L

Yeah, I second that. ONly thing in digital, the Tamron starts is eq to 42 - 112, which is great for portraits, full body all the way to close up of the face. But not a general purpose zoom to carry around becos not wide inuf.

smallaperture said:
Yeah, I second that. ONly thing in digital, the Tamron starts is eq to 42 - 112, which is great for portraits, full body all the way to close up of the face. But not a general purpose zoom to carry around becos not wide inuf.
But my experience is that 24mm on 1.6 digital (38.5mm) is still not that wide as the difference is noticeable but not significant in quite a number of shooting conditions.

The difference between 24 and 28 mm is quite noticeable to me.

I think given the choices it's a no-brainer - Sigma 24-70 is wider, very sharp and fast.

For general zoom, though, it's hard to beat the Sigma 18-125, especially on a 20D where you have good accurate AF and very useable ISO 3200. It's a wonderful range to have.

Fuji Olykon said:
Have read the following comparison between Sigma 24-70 and Tokina 28-80, both constant f2.8

http://www.tawbaware.com/sigma_tokina_test1.htm

Personally like the Tokina better......CP selling at $800 plus which is 2X the price of the Tokina 28-70 f2.8 SV (offer price around S$400). Beside the difference of 10mm, wonder how is the quality of the SV?

Tamron 28-75 is around S$630.

How about 24 120 VR Nikon? That about 900 right? That is good walkabout lens??

I have two choices now
1. Tamron 28-75 f2.8
Pros : very sharp
cons : slow abit ( not a matter to me )
or
2. Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Pros: Wide
cons: filter size EX !!!

I just bought the tamron lens

i used it to cover my friend's wedding dinner last weekend. I must say i love the pictures taken.

highly recommended :thumbsup:

sillyme said:
I just bought the tamron lens

i used it to cover my friend's wedding dinner last weekend. I must say i love the pictures taken.

highly recommended :thumbsup:

may I know where and how much u bought the lens ?

locksley said:
may I know where and how much u bought the lens ?
My last equote from MS Colour was $585 (without GST i think). Was readily available in store a week ago. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.