Which one should i start with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarock

Dec 1, 2008
Hi guys

I always have a keen interest in photography but have never stepped into it
What cameras should i buy for my first camera?
DSLR or Compact?

Hi guys

DSLR or Compact?

Prosumer.
Reason: Cheaper and with features that is offer in a DSLR.

Hello...welcome.

Like what bro blazer_workz mentioned, a prosumer may be a good option. You may want to consider getting a second hand one to reduce the cost and see if it suits you.

agreed. go slow & learn basics first. then can sell it off here & buy ur dSLR :lovegrin:

I say film SLR. It forces you to learn the hard way.

I regretted not starting with film, although developing costs are pretty high.

Hi guys

DSLR or Compact?

Get a compact first. That's all you need to learn about framing and composition. Do not get influenced to jump to DSLR unless you are really really limited in what you are trying to achieve by your camera

Hi guys

DSLR or Compact?

Sorry to ask, but could you explain your initial post a little more? I'm just trying to find out more about your photography interest, how long you intend to pursue this interest, and what you do know about photography, having, as you stated, never stepped into it.
To me, having a keen interest in something and never stepping into it, are mutually exclusive.
Perhaps it is for budget reasons or something. Anyway, I'm interested to know more.

I have always had an interest in photography since young
I believed that good things and memories are meant to be preserved.
Just that i do not know how to start it.
Now i found a heart to go deep into it recently.
How long?
As long as I can do photography i believe but i kind of can't go overseas often due to job commitments.(Though i might be send overseas often heheehe)
^_^
Budget-wise, i was looking for some cameras on Ebay found a few which seems nice to me
But i kinda wonder should i start from compact or DSLR?

i think any camera with manual controls will allow you to explore much more than a compact ever can.
if you think it'll be an interest you'll pursue for a long time to come, i suggest just getting a dslr.
secondhand ones on the BnS can be quite cheap.

i'd say, jus go straight for a 2nd hand entry level DSLR.

prices are about the same as prosumer or mid/hi end PnS. and should u decide to give up, the resale value is much better.

But sirs
What is BnS?

Hmmmm
I mean if i have a budget between 300-400+
Which camera should i go for?

Sorry kind of keen to start it
is this model of camera ok?
Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd DSLR Camera

always get the right thing once and for all, even if it means saving up a little longer.

an older model, eg 20D, may be jus a little out of your budget.

Sorry kind of keen to start it
is this model of camera ok?
Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd DSLR Camera

very difficult for us to tell u wat gd and wat not gd.

Sori, nvr used dat cam b4 wor..

Well, I think you got to do some research before deciding wat cam u wanna invest lor.

I first started using F31Fd before i switch to 450D... (u may want to try dis, pretty gd)

man....waste alot of $$$ liao..:bsmilie:

Hmmmm
I mean if i have a budget between 300-400+
Which camera should i go for?

300-400+ is a VERY LIMITED budget for getting a DSLR.
I would say even a 2nd-hand entry-level DSLR (eg. Nikon D40) would be upwards of 500. You might get real lucky and bag a good deal. Who knows?

If you're keen on photography for the long-term, like to explore the various functions and settings of the camera, and don't mind the extra bulk and weight, the DSLR is for you.
Hopefully you can increase your budget a little, because if you get a DSLR, in the long run you'll be spending more $$ to get accessories like flash, and probably extra lenses.

I found Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd DSLR Camera
Second hand at S$300
wondering is it suitable for a new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.