which one hard to decide.

we chern

Jun 14, 2010
i just want to know should i buy a EOS 50D or ... EOS 7D, currently I'm using 550D and i want to change.... yea. so help me decide should i buy a cannon EOS 50D or a 7D :D

thanks a lot :D:angel:

i just want to know should i buy a EOS 50D or ... EOS 7D, currently I'm using 550D and i want to change.... yea. so help me decide should i buy a cannon EOS 50D or a 7D :D

thanks a lot :D:angel:

help you decide?

wah.. ur money leh, u just say help you decide.. ok lor.. i say get 7D..

given that the price between this 2 models is significantly different, the question you should ask yourself would be "is the extra $$$ spent on getting an EOS7D worth it?"

http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/compare?productfinder=personal-eos&product1=eos-50d&product2=eos-7d

Knowing why you want to upgrade from 550D would help you better make the decision too. In what ways are 550D not performing to your expectations and what can these bodies offer instead?

Main differences will be ISO performance, HD video recording, metering, focusing, weight and even the feel of the camera.
Hope it helps you make your decision better.

There is this one model from Canon with

100% VF
Grid in VF
8 FPS continous up to 50 frame
Build in wireless flash controller
Build in Level Spirit.

And that is the one... for me.:)

What do you find lacking in your 550D? its a pretty good camera and its new, why the change?

thanks a lot
get the 5D MkII if you really want an upgrade... :devil:
full frame will open your eyes :bigeyes: :)

hmmm i don't know why too? it s sudden idea that i want to change my camera, my camera just bought 2 month ago.... hmmmm so you guys think i should still keep using my 550D ? :)

if it is then can i know what lens to buy for my 550D :D ?

The 550D is a good camera, no reason to change it for the next 2 years at least, unless u wanna go full frame. I think you should get new lenses if your kit lens is not enough for you. For us to recommend one for you, you should tell us what you like to shoot.

probably only you know best what you want...hard to help you decide....

hmmm, ok...get Canon 7D...coz Ken Watanabe is in that advertisement.:bsmilie:

hmmm i don't know why too? it s sudden idea that i want to change my camera, my camera just bought 2 month ago.... hmmmm so you guys think i should still keep using my 550D ? :)

We can't read minds you know... without knowing WHY you feel that your current lens (I assume kit lens) is limiting you, how to know what lens to recommend?
We also dunno what your budget is.... and so on.

70 - 200mm F2.8L IS USM MK2 ........ BBB

Last edited:
ultra-wide: EF-S 10-22
wide-normal zoom: EF-S 17-55 f/2.8
mid-long-tele zoom: 70-200 f/2.8L
macro: 100 f/2.8L

architecture: 17 TS-E L

happy shopping! :)

It isn't so much about what we think, but what you think?

What is your current lens setup? 18-55mm that comes with the camera? Do you like the range? Do you have problems taking in low light conditions? Do you want something to cover a longer range? And what kind of photography are you into?

There is no right or wrong lens as it depends on the individual.

Your bros on clubsnap are always ready to help, but you need to help us help you :)

cheers!

Hold back the sudden idea until it becomes a compelling idea!

ryan

ultra-wide: EF-S 10-22
wide-normal zoom: EF-S 17-55 f/2.8
mid-long-tele zoom: 70-200 f/2.8L
macro: 100 f/2.8L

architecture: 17 TS-E L

happy shopping! :)

how about prime lens?

there is 24, 35, 50, 85, 100, 135, 200

:lovegrin:

actually keep your camera, choose one or few lens according to your shooting preference instead.

Lens can keep longer then camera body.

But if you intend to upgrade to FF someday, it will be wiser for you to start investing in EF lenses not EFS lens cos by then it may not worth alot and harder to sell (seeing more and more ppl going into FF these days).

Last edited:
If you dunno which one to buy, you probably dun need to spend the money now.

Ya, Agree with other csers. Basically what type of photography are you interested in? Are you the type of person who usually go out and take photos?

OK! i shall keep my camera :) thanks a lot

i interested in portrait photograph :D love taking random picture for other.

i also love to take scenery, i do go out most of the time to take picture flower, building, people on chinatown .... and some more :D

but i still prefer portrait shot more ;)
so any nice lens can intro me :C cause now i'm stuck with a basic lens 18-55mm one...

OK! i shall keep my camera :) thanks a lot

i interested in portrait photograph :D love taking random picture for other.

i also love to take scenery, i do go out most of the time to take picture flower, building, people on chinatown .... and some more :D

but i still prefer portrait shot more ;)
so any nice lens can intro me :C cause now i'm stuck with a basic lens 18-55mm one...

The prime lens 50mm is good and cheap. You can try that lens until you get better you can buy other better lens to try out.