Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

Which steakhouse do you prefer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackoyacky

Nov 30, 2005
Currently I'm deciding which place to go for dinner with my wife, I was thinking of this two steakhouse, though I haven't tried any of them. For those who have tried them which one do you prefer? :)

If you like Roast Prime Rib, Lawry's the place. However, I prefer good ol' grilled Bone-in Rib Eye, which is the steak to have at Morton's. ;p

Yup Morton's is in Oriental Hotel, how much does it normally cost to have a dinner for two in Morton's? I thought Lawry's & Morton's are of the same level in terms of pricing, though the ambience and service, I have no idea at all. I was just looking at pics at their website, though I find Morton's presentation is much better than Lawry's.

I'll be checking Lawry's place later this lunch to see how their place looks like.

I find that the ambience at Morton's to be too dark for my liking. At least at Lawry's the window is big and it is bright. My personal preference is for well lit places, so you will need to make your choice. :)

For presentation, I would vote for Morton's.

Morton's.

Costs an arm and a leg though, especially with wine.

Thanks Canew for the input. I will not be able to check Morton's place so your input was helpful.

@drakon,
Yeah I have heard it from some people, that's why I was a bit worried with the bill hahahaha. Well we don't usually go to this kind of places(expensive), so may be it was worth giving it a try.

You are choosing between bad and horrible. Morton is the bad one, so I guess, it's the better of the 2.

Been to both too many times. Favorite place for business dinner especially with visitors from the US. Morton, the location is nice, the decor is nice, the food is average and the service is, well, if I say it, the mode will ban me.

If you really want steak, get on a flight to Sydney (closest).

If you really want a night out dining in Singapore, and if you were already willing to forked out Morton prices, then try Les Amis at Shaw Center, Au Jardin in the Botanical Garden, Blu at the Shangri La, just to name a few.

Hi deadpoet thanks for the input, I guess you're used to this kind of places(expensive resto) that's why you were able to say they were bad and horrible hehehe :D But for a poor guy like me, I think I will be able to appreciate it already.

BTW is Lawry cheaper than Morton's? I have checked Lawry's menu, the smallest cut for the steak is around $50 so I think I would spend at least $100 bucks per head if I were to go there. I have checked their place at Paragon a while ago and I think the ambience is good.

i would prefer morton.
but i dont mind lawry too.

if you want something slightly cheaper, try jus steak opposite clarke quay.

even cheaper, jack's place will do.

Hi deadpoet thanks for the input, I guess you're used to this kind of places(expensive resto) that's why you were able to say they were bad and horrible hehehe :D But for a poor guy like me, I think I will be able to appreciate it already.

BTW is Lawry cheaper than Morton's? I have checked Lawry's menu, the smallest cut for the steak is around $50 so I think I would spend at least $100 bucks per head if I were to go there. I have checked their place at Paragon a while ago and I think the ambience is good.

Hey, if work is paying, I am not going to cut too many corners.

If you goto Mortons, be prepared to spend $300. Maybe you will get some change back, but not much.

I really will avoid Lawry like a plague.

A budget is probably a good way to start, then maybe can recommend some better deals to you. Also, the reason for this dinner? A celebration?

hawker center's steak sometimes could be good too!
heard AMK central has one:)

hawker center's steak sometimes could be good too!
heard AMK central has one:)

you are mean :D :cool:

Best steak for the buck, horrible ambience, insuferable service - Hoo ha Cafe.

Hi jeanie,

Since as I've said we don't usually go to this kind of places, I think I would be fine with the price, I'm just weighing which one is best to try :)

Thanks.

Hi jeanie,

Since as I've said we don't usually go to this kind of places, I think I would be fine with the price, I'm just weighing which one is best to try :)

Thanks.

no offence at all intended.

dont be swayed by deadpoet.:angry:

i'm just really offering my 2 cents on the available steaks in singapore.
go for morton.

if she likes shopping, then go lawry.:)

hahaha hawker center! lolz!

Actually I want a fine dining, because we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary :D

At first I was actually thinking of Saint Pierre but the thing is, it is very classy, to the extent that I don't which one can be eaten and which one is not wahahahahahaha

I did also check the Mandarin Hotel's Revolving Resto, though I have heard many neg feedback.

hahaha hawker center! lolz!

Actually I want a fine dining, because we'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary :D

At first I was actually thinking of Saint Pierre but the thing is, it is very classy, to the extent that I don't which one can be eaten and which one is not wahahahahahaha

I did also check the Mandarin Hotel's Revolving Resto, though I have heard many neg feedback.

pardon me for suggesting, try the cliff at sentosa spa and resort(under beaufort)
it's one of singapore's finest imho.
fine dining.good ambience, nice decor, good food.
most women will love it there.
i did...:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.