Which one do u think is more evil?

Ask you: which one more evil?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
I dunno the answer. Let's see majority think.

Eh I vote wrongly. give money is easy. money does not solve everything.
Some people cannot donate because they dont have much themselves. Donation does not mean have to be money but cos in SG it is easiest to give money people just do that. I have given food to people who asked me for money, because I do not want to hand over cash to them. I ask them what they need the money for, they say have not eaten, so I ask if it is OK for me to buy them food they say OK, then these are genuine. If they dont want, then I am afraid the money can go to beer or cigarette or even worse .. singapore pools.

Neither. Not donating money or giving up seat does not make one evil. Selfish yes, but not evil.

i think whats most evil is to do nothing and expect others to do it and come online to ask this type of question :D

I'm just kidding.. no offence intended

i think whats evil is subjective. some people view giving seats up no big deal some people make a big fuss. some donate $$ but some dont but give other things back in return.

Last edited:
Majority voting doesn't make one action less evil - though the actions above aren't exactly evil. More selfish, as stated by one.

Everyone is Selfish one way or the other.... my Vote is BOTH. :sweat:

I dont know the answer but I have a few questions:

1. Are there grades of evil - greater evil and less evil, which, I think your scenarios are trying to create.

2. By whose standard do we base our decision? Our own conscience? General social cultural expectations? or by a poll like this?

I dont know the answer. :(

I just like to solve immedate problem.... Donate money also donno where it go to, give a seat now might just save the needy from a bad fall.
Anyway, cash is the least form that I like to provide to a charity or donation.
I would refuse to give a begger $2 that he claim that he want to buy food for his family. But I am willing to buy more then $2 worth of foods and let him to bring back for his family.
Cash is normally being mis-use to serve their purpose.

I dont know the answer but I have a few questions:

1. Are there grades of evil - greater evil and less evil, which, I think your scenarios are trying to create.

2. By whose standard do we base our decision? Our own conscience? General social cultural expectations? or by a poll like this?

I dont know the answer. :(

So a murderer who killed 10 persons having more evil than a murderer who killed 1 person? :think:

Majority voting doesn't make one action less evil - though the actions above aren't exactly evil. More selfish, as stated by one.

I am wondering if laws are made according to majority too? Majority would agree that murder is a more serious crime than stealing $5.

While 'evil' is a broad term used that can describe intentional negative moral acts or thoughts that are cruel, unjust or selfish, I think the concept of 'evilness' or in this case, more basic selfishness are grounded in a lot more than just an act in itself. Remember, at one time and by a great many peoples, brutal slavery and mass murder aka genocide were considered to be perfectly normal.

Wah seh win liao la! I both also dun do.

Has anyone ever doubt the accuracy even if polls were made? What's the point anyway of this thread?

people kena taxed like hell so donate for a good name else giv to gahmen anyway. such people may also giv up sit in the presence of the general public for show only.

people die die don't donate and won't giv up sit so they are also evil too? mayb he himself is liing hand to mouth and also in bus and train not feeling well or truely sleeping so he evil?

Allow me to pose a not-so-hypothetical scenario.

Suppose you were occupying a seat on the upper deck of a double decker public bus. All the seats are filled, both upper and lower decks. At the next stop a pregnant woman boards and comes on to the upper deck. Seeing she couldn't get a seat, she decides to stand next to you, holding on the handle behind you with her big belly centimeters from your face.

Will you give up your seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.