Which one better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo...

May 19, 2005
Sembawang
Hello CSer,
Plan want to buy 3rd party of Wide Angle lens (my cam is using 58mm ring) but wondering which brand can be considered?
Kenko, Vitacon or Grobatig since these three brands are offered about the same price.

Need your opinion

Thanks ya...

None of them.

Raynox maybe, but don't get cheated by the peninsula plaza/sim lim swindlers.

how about raynox glass ?

Thanks for your opinion...

Hope I can hear more from other users..

None of them.

Hello CSer,
Plan want to buy Wide Angle lens (58mm) but wondering which brand can be considered?
Kenko, Vitacon or Grobatig since these three brands are offered about the same price.

Need your opinion

Thanks ya...

58mm??? I would not consider that a "wide" angle lens to begin with. We might call that close to standard focal lens ( eg being about 50mm ...or close to what your eyes would view) You would consider something like 35mm a wide or a 24mm in a DLSR DX format a wide but not a 58mm.

58mm??? I would not consider that a "wide" angle lens to begin with. We might call that close to standard focal lens ( eg being about 50mm ...or close to what your eyes would view) You would consider something like 35mm a wide or a 24mm in a DLSR DX format a wide but not a 58mm.

Hmm i think ts meant wide angle lens that fits on to his 58mm lens thread. :think:

i prefer buying cheap ones if i am new to photography but nice ones as ok let take it as an example if you buy super expensive lens and u doesn't know how to focus properly it is useless is you are new try buying cheap ones like currently i am quite a newbie so i buy vitacon(even though many of you say that it sucks) save up some bucks to buy D-SLR(if you haven't) then i will start to buy slightly expensive ones(and it only my opinion for new ppl lik myself)

Hi bro,
Thanks for this. Are you using titanium Vitacon?
Will this WA lens give you good sharp photo or soften at end result?

i prefer buying cheap ones if i am new to photography but nice ones as ok let take it as an example if you buy super expensive lens and u doesn't know how to focus properly it is useless is you are new try buying cheap ones like currently i am quite a newbie so i buy vitacon(even though many of you say that it sucks) save up some bucks to buy D-SLR(if you haven't) then i will start to buy slightly expensive ones(and it only my opinion for new ppl lik myself)

None of them.

I second that. Raynox makes pretty good ones though. Don't try save some $ now and later regret and hafta sell it off ... making a loss. Get something decent at least ... else you'll be :cry:

Hi Bro...
Thanks for your advice. I heard this brand.
How much is it? (58mm-is it 0.50x WA?)
Where can get better offer ?

I second that. Raynox makes pretty good ones though. Don't try save some $ now and later regret and hafta sell it off ... making a loss. Get something decent at least ... else you'll be :cry:

Look fir Jim McGill in the Personal Classifieds as he sell the Raynox items in SG.

If you are using DSLR then get a proper wide lens

mine is around 100 for a full set with converters and it comes with a macro too(i hope i nver kena swind)

the quality ok la sharp the macro must get very close or else can zoom and focus without the camera's macro ability

Look fir Jim McGill in the Personal Classifieds as he sell the Raynox items in SG.

If you are using DSLR then get a proper wide lens

agree !!!get a proper WA lens... some lens may not able to take the weight of adapter and you might damage your lens thread... beware!!!!!

Hey Boo and others,

You can take a look at this wide angle lens from Raynox. Personally, I've been very impressed by it as it's an extremely versatile lens with 58mm threads. IT's the bestseller for Canon G9 series and Fuji/Sony cameras as well as videocams. It also performs admirably with some 58mm threaded DSLR lenses too.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI...07996&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Selling

You can get the 37 or 43 to 58mm adapter rings from us to enable connection to most videocams. There is no dreaded problem of vignetting too. And most important of all, it's specially designed for HD format. This easily sets it apart from all other cheaper competing brands.

In all, a worthwhile investment.

Stock available for immediate pickup.

Cheers,
Jim, McGill
24-Hour Hotline: 6389-1734

Hi,
Wow.. looks good but price is about the original WA lens from Canon or Sony.

Hey Boo and others,

You can take a look at this wide angle lens from Raynox. Personally, I've been very impressed by it as it's an extremely versatile lens with 58mm threads. IT's the bestseller for Canon G9 series and Fuji/Sony cameras as well as videocams. It also performs admirably with some 58mm threaded DSLR lenses too.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI...07996&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Selling

You can get the 37 or 43 to 58mm adapter rings from us to enable connection to most videocams. There is no dreaded problem of vignetting too. And most important of all, it's specially designed for HD format. This easily sets it apart from all other cheaper competing brands.

In all, a worthwhile investment.

Stock available for immediate pickup.

Cheers,
Jim, McGill
24-Hour Hotline: 6389-1734

Hi,

But the quality is almost twice better than Canon or Sony. So good or not?

Cheers,
Jim, McGill.

Hi,

When I was using my S2IS in 2005/2006, I bought the Raynox DCR6600PRO 52mm version and it was a great wide angle adapter. From 36mm, i got 23mm with the Raynox. When i sold off my S2IS, I sold the Raynox away.

Status
Not open for further replies.