Which Door Do You Want?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Right. Fantasy game show time. You've just won the top prize!

Would you like the prizes behind door A, door B, door C, door D or door E?

Door A
An EOS1Ds digital SLR, retail value over S$12000. Featuring an 11 megapixel full frame sensor, and gut busting professional specs, it's a camera not to be messed with!

Door B
A Contax 645 autofocus medium format SLR kit, retail value over S$13000 with a range of Zeiss lenses. Featuring a fast f2 aperture on the standard 80mm lens, full time manual focus, and legendary Zeiss optics, it's got superior image quality!

Door C
A Hasselblad 205FCC kit. Hasselblad's top of the range 6x6cm camera, with legendary status and optical quality. The 205FCC features a great amount of electronic sophistication, and retails with lens at well over $14000!

Door D
A wonderful Sinar P2 5"x4" monorail camera, the dream studio camera. Oozes refinement and everything you could with for in a large format studio camera. With a complete range of Rodenstock optics, this prize retails at well over $20000!

Door E
A Leica M6 TTL with standard 50/2 lens. Who cares what it costs! Let's face it. This has got to be the prize doesn't it? An all time classic, will help you take better pictures than any other camera out there! And with it's gorgeous Leitz glass, it also boasts better image quality than any of the other cameras above! (And don't forget the bokeh... to die for!)

To select your prize, just vote today! Terms and conditions apply, no purchase necessary. For a full list of terms and conditions please write to the address at the bottom of the page. Your statutory rights are not affected. Any prizes unclaimed within 30 days will be donated to the Charity for Starving Art Photographers.

Wot, no votes for the Sinar??

Definitely the Hassy 205FCC. I'd have chosen Contax but 6x6 is a really cool format, I prefer it to 6x4.5.

I wouldn't choose a 1DS because then I'd have to upgrade my PC (faster CPU, more RAM, RAID disk array, etc) and spend most of my time on the computer. The I'd have to go broke spending on CF cards and microdrives, and other accessories which will be selling for half the price in 6 months. This isn't for me - I'm not a pro.

No Leica for me since I got YSLee's Canonet... just as useful as a Leica, although it doesn't ooze quality. However I prefer the Canonet since it has programmed exposure, and can do flash sync at upto 1/500 sec.

The 645 is nice but 6x6 is larger, and easier to crop.
The Sinar... mmm... nice, but an enlarger will take up half my bedroom.

Hi

hey the M6 with 50mm lens is chump change compared to the cost of the other "prizes"! not fair! you should throw in a few more lenses ;p

I get the prize, then sell it away and get a humble
D60+15-30,28-70,70-200 and tons of memory. heh.

Jed, you bored issit? :bsmilie:

anyway, i've always wanted a Hassy, but no real use for it for the time being... it's like one of those dream good-to-have things, like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. ;)

This is actually a reasonable poll: to see the desires. Here we go.

By any means, I will pick up a 1Ds. And I know some other options are actually more pricy.

This is not to start ANOTHER war between digital and film, be it 35mm/MF/LF. But I have personal reasons for making such decision. And we all know each has his own preference. So to anyone who disagrees with me, fine, that's your choice. But my voice here: digital for me, here and now!:)

This is really a no-brainer. Door A is digital, 35mm and probably the easiest to use to get great pictures. I honestly wouldn't know what to do with the other prizes, including the Leica, which I would call a booby prize (what, no autofocus?).

PS Does Door A come with a few "L" lenses as well?

Originally posted by Zoomer
1. Get D
2. Sell D
3. Buy A
4. ???
5. Profit!

hmm...most pple choose A....

but i will get D, sell D, then buy A, with lots of $$ left for some "L" lenses and storage media

I want Panorama GX617 Professional

05010030.GX617_m.jpg

or

NOBLEX 175 UX
gross175ux.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I collected my prize from the "God of Sleep". Was told by him can only use the equipment only when he is around. ;p

Originally posted by Wai

hmm...most pple choose A....

but i will get D, sell D, then buy A, with lots of $$ left for some "L" lenses and storage media

A prudent decision
Well made...

:D :D :D

Hey no LOMO camera ah?

I mean who cares what it cost. Hipness and coolness with fake "talent" is priceless! You can't put a price tag on brainless peer acceptance! If you wanna be one of the "cool" people, you know you need the one in Door F!!!
;p :rbounce: :rbounce:

Heh. Since the Leica and Canon are the most popular, and without too much doubt providing the least image quality of all the five options, don't ever let me catch anyone in CS whinging about image quality again!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

PS. My own personal choice is Door F. Two EOS1D cameras with a 400/2.8L IS USM and a 70-200/2.8L IS USM. Heh. But then, that's for show producers only.

Originally posted by Jed
PS. My own personal choice is Door F. Two EOS1D cameras with a 400/2.8L IS USM and a 70-200/2.8L IS USM. Heh. But then, that's for show producers only.
Hey, like this then my choice should be Door G. 1Ds + 1D + 600/f4 USM IS + 300/2.8 USM IS + 70-200/2.8 USM IS.:bwhat:

Yeah, but you're not a producer of the show. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.