Which of the following technologies can you NOT live without?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Related to a much earlier poll I created.

This time, you can pick only ONE. If you can have a camera with only ONE of the below, which would it be?

This poll will expire in 14 days.

Regards
CK

metering generally... if I had to refer to a table for 50mm f/1.4 at ISO 100 and convert *that* to my equipment everytime I shoot I think I'll play diablo 2 instead...

How about none of the above? :p

Originally posted by binbeto
TTL metering. Cos I dun wanna buy a light meter.
me too!!! well at least i don't wanna have to meter with a light meter everytime i take a shot... ;P

Originally posted by Larry
me too!!! well at least i don't wanna have to meter with a light meter everytime i take a shot... ;P

I can now guess exposures indoors most of the time. Within a stop. Good enuff for negative film. ;)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
I can now guess exposures indoors most of the time. Within a stop. Good enuff for negative film. ;)

Regards
CK
wah... sensei!!! *kowtow*

i will go nuts without TTL metering... very seldom i can guess my exposure to within one to two stops, but most of the time, it's way off.

Originally posted by Wolfgang

True true.. but thats experience for you. :)

And after sometime, you find that it's usually those few settings.

E.g. Peninsula Food Court is around 1/30 @ f/4 @ ISO 400. So are most offices.

Chinese Restaurants usually 1/8 to 1/30 @ f/4.

Funan Centre Atrium that type of lighting = 1/8 @ f/2 @ ISO 400

and so on. From there, you then learn "Hey, this place looks as bright/dim as that place I've been to", and the setting in "that place" is probably close.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

And after sometime, you find that it's usually those few settings.

E.g. Peninsula Food Court is around 1/30 @ f/4 @ ISO 400. So are most offices.

Chinese Restaurants usually 1/8 to 1/30 @ f/4.

Funan Centre Atrium that type of lighting = 1/8 @ f/2 @ ISO 400

and so on. From there, you then learn "Hey, this place looks as bright/dim as that place I've been to", and the setting in "that place" is probably close.

Regards
CK

Aye.... :)

Can work round all others with experience and skill except the glass. Can't do without good quality APO/DO/ED glass as there is no way a photographer can overcome the limitations of the lens.

Originally posted by kingpin
Can work round all others with experience and skill except the glass. Can't do without good quality APO/DO/ED glass as there is no way a photographer can overcome the limitations of the lens.

There's always Photoshop...

Agree that Photoshop do have some image enhancing functions but the quality of the original image depends quite a lot on the lens. ;)

Originally posted by kingpin

Oh yes, I'll bet most of us don't use the good lenses to their limit anyway. Very few do, so at the end it's something most can live without. Plus the acronyms don't necessarily mean good lenses (see the cheapie 70-300s for an example, and the old Nikkor 70-210/4, 80-200/4, 80-200/4.5 without any fancy glass for an example of quality optics which don't pander to the equipment junkie).

Originally posted by YSLee

Oh yes, I'll bet most of us don't use the good lenses to their limit anyway. Very few do, so at the end it's something most can live without. Plus the acronyms don't necessarily mean good lenses (see the cheapie 70-300s for an example, and the old Nikkor 70-210/4, 80-200/4, 80-200/4.5 without any fancy glass for an example of quality optics which don't pander to the equipment junkie).

u mean like Sigma ABC DEF GHI JKL 10-1000mm f/4-8?

Status
Not open for further replies.