Which non-rechargeable AA alkaline battery you recommended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

feipern

Feb 14, 2004
East
I was wondering which non-rechargeable AA alkaline battery you recommended...

I myself have tried GP power non-rechargeable alkaline battery(4 pieces - $1.90) last time. And i managed to take about 80+ shoots(without LCD on and only half of the total shoot with flash).

The number of shot and the price to me is quite reasonable... but it only can last for half day shooting session only..(for my case)

And i've bought the Enegizer one... forgot the model..$3.90 4pieces... but stil hv a chance to test it out... will try the next week...

So would someone out there could share your experience with the non-rechargeable AA alkaline battery ...

I don't use AAs on digicams, but for flash.
Trusted brands are Energizer and Duracell. Will use Ikea (Vatar OEM) for a cheap and quick fix, e.g. when I run out of my usual brand.

OT, but for digicams it's always better to go for rechargables because it's more environmentally-friendly and (believe it or not) almost always lasts longer than alkalines because of the flatter discharge curve.

Try getting the Panasonic alkaline batteries. I mean those without the card type. It is cheaper and remember to look at the expiry at the side of the batteries. It is one of the best either for standby or use on flashlights.
and the power is a lot better than what you have mentioned.

Just sharing. I used a lot of AA batteries b4 I switch to rechargeable.

Royce said:
Why would you want to use non-rechargeable batteries anyway?

well, i do hv a few set of rechargeable batteries...

but sometimes i do need some spare non-rechargeable batteries stand by there in case of running flat of all the rechargeable batteries... :(

feipern said:
well, i do hv a few set of rechargeable batteries...

but sometimes i do need some spare non-rechargeable batteries stand by there in case of running flat of all the rechargeable batteries... :(

U should go for high capacity Ni-MH rechargeables like the 2000mAh GP Power ones or rechargeable lithium ones from Energizer. Buy a few sets and charge and discharge them properly. Should last. I dun rechargeables at the moment cos I use film SLR which consumes very little battery. But digicams with that power hungry LCD and EVF will need rechargeables. It's also much cheaper in the long run.

Very good. Long lasting. More than 150 shots (on my last count) and still don't need to recharge. I use the LCD feature sparingly though. 30% built in flash.

AA (4 x 4 = 16) pieces in all for my E20 and FL40 (i.e. 8 in use and 8 spares).
Never had battery problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.