Which neckstrap to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Hi, I'm currently thinking of getting a new neckstrap. Any idea which is good? Can share experience?

I only know of Optech and Crumpler Industry Disgrace. Are they comfortable? Currently using a D300.

Current votes (updated as of 9.58pm, 24/02/2009)
Optech: 6
henrysoh
astin
xhui
mrmax
lord soth
rubber duck

Crumpler: 1
icedheat

Matinz: 2
boyboy
lenscape

Upstrap: 0

Blackrapid R strap: 2
vii_haven
alvin

Last edited:
may i know how much are they priced too?

Hi, Optech is a better one with small stubs grip at $32/- It comes with red and blue and has adjustable length. Check it. Crumpler is stiffer.

Which Optech are you referring to? For convenience, i'll just post the whole range up here. :)

Optech
Classic Strap
medium_XEP-rkLyDg.jpg

EZ-Comfort Strap
medium_XEP-ymZvgz.jpg

Envy Strap
medium_XEP-yw542Z.jpg

Fashion Strap
medium_XEP-zGYCWQ.jpg

continued...

continued...

Reporter Strap
medium_XEP-SYaTfn.jpg

SOS Strap
medium_XEP-w0wJ61.jpg

Super Pro Strap
medium_XEP-yV7oQE.jpg

Utility Strap
medium_XEP-UhV4uA.jpg

Crumpler

Industry Disgrace
2910897905_f51e8d1955.jpg

currently, i'm using the industry disgrace on my canon 40d and its really comfortable...;)

I am using the Optech Classic black colour, it feels very comfortable when hang on the neck as compared with the original Nikon neck strap. And the Optech Classic do not have brand name printed on it so it will not attract much attention when walking around.

I got the optech at CP, personally prefer the optech to the crumpler (which i've sold) as its more comfortable/not so stiff and less bulky compared to optech. price pretty similar at 30+-

oh e optech (Reporter strap) have the detachable buckle on each side, so if u need to wash or keep the strap separately, it can be easily removed. YMMV. :)

Lowepro

Speedster
18-2043-IMG1_LRG.jpeg

Transporter
18-2065-IMG1_LRG.jpeg

Voyager C
18-2075-IMG1_LRG.jpeg

Voyager S
18-2076-IMG1_LRG.jpeg

Any other brands to suggest?

Any other brands to suggest?

matinz.

i like the optech better, BUT it comes with buckles. that may be a "safety issue" as much as it is a nice feature to have.

thus i decided to use the optech on my cheapest SLR. matinz for my dslr.

there's another brand called upstrap. i've seen it before but never tried.

comfort: optech, matinz, upstrap (never try, but it's rubber as compared to softer neoprene in the first two)

grip: upstrap, optech, matinz (upstrap's strong point here is supposed to be the grip, optech has small rubber gripper dots which work ok. matinz is like stock strap or slightly better only)

security (won't drop ur camera): upstrap, matinz, optech (i sometimes imagine someone playing a joke on me and unclipping my optech....)

got my optech from CP marina and my matinz from OP at sim lim.

oh yes, if u wanna wash ur strap, both optech n matinz are washable, tho the optech is easier to remove by far. i don't wash my straps though ;p

Bro, try the R-Strap. I've been using it for 2 years now. I really like it as it doesn't get in my way while shooting. www.blackrapid.com I think CP and some other pple are selling it in the BnS

I have a Op/Tech Pro Loop Strap myself for my D300 and I am very happy with it.
Even with a 70-200/2.8 it is pretty comfortable.

/Thomas

Blackrapid users,

Are you comfortable with your camera pointing downwards? Somehow, I find it quite scary, like the camera is dropping

Blackrapid users,

Are you comfortable with your camera pointing downwards? Somehow, I find it quite scary, like the camera is dropping

Why would it be scary if it's secured to your camera? Doesn't matter which way the camera is pointing as long as it's within reach of your arm to keep it from swinging and it's secured.

Why would it be scary if it's secured to your camera? Doesn't matter which way the camera is pointing as long as it's within reach of your arm to keep it from swinging and it's secured.

Well, it's a pyschological thing. Also, hanging it by the side also increases the chance of the camera knocking against side objects.

Well, it's a pyschological thing. Also, hanging it by the side also increases the chance of the camera knocking against side objects.

Having it sideslinged at the hip is so much more ergonomic on the draw. I never liked slinging the camera on the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.