which monitor calibration is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMSS_2

which one is better?

ColorVision ColourPlus
Gretag Macbeth Eye One Display version 2
Pantone ColorVision Spyder 2 PRO Studio

can someone give me some pointers on what to look out for in these type of product? any other brands?

:dunno:

boss dunno about the rest...but i use the spyder and i am ok with it...

Not sure about other as well but I use the Gretag Macbeth Eye One Display version 2 and also have no complaints. Pretty straight forward and fast in calibration.
I guess most would own only one of them and have no experience with others. :dunno:

NMSS_2 said:
which one is better?

ColorVision ColourPlus
Gretag Macbeth Eye One Display version 2
Pantone ColorVision Spyder 2 PRO Studio

can someone give me some pointers on what to look out for in these type of product? any other brands?

:dunno:

colourplus is relatively low-cost calibration software among the 3. its good enuf for home-use. windoze only. i used this prior to my upgrade to eye one.

eye one is a bit pricey. but very accurate colour calibration. gretag macbeth's colour charts are something like the industrial standards for testing. plus, the colour calibration 'chart' is updated quite regularly for users to download.

no experience with spyder.

there's one more low-cost calibrator on sale now - gretag macbeth's cirrus calibrator. its the one dat comes as a puchase-with-a-purchase in the current canon promotion. u can get it separately at the usual camera shops like CP. IMO, its more user-friendly than colourplus and more accurate, at least to my eye.

I am using the spyder 2 pro. The reason I got the spyder 2 pro is that it allows be to use it as a colorimter to calibrate my projector. One thing though, the spyder is a pretty fragile unit. Mine was faulty, I had to get it replaced at CP.

Anyone got best prices and where to get for these calibration products?

just got the eye-one v2.

one question about these calibration stuffs: do you have to leave contrast at 100%? :think:

it hurting my eyes just to look at the screen. if i tune it down lower, the white starts to turn bluish.

NMSS_2 said:
just got the eye-one v2.

one question about these calibration stuffs: do you have to leave contrast at 100%? :think:

it hurting my eyes just to look at the screen. if i tune it down lower, the white starts to turn bluish.

it's not asking you to leave contrast at 100 percent, it's asking you to turn it up to 100 percent, then adjust it accordingly from there as per the indication on screen

Castlesinthesky said:
it's not asking you to leave contrast at 100 percent, it's asking you to turn it up to 100 percent, then adjust it accordingly from there as per the indication on screen

Thanks mate. now i know why instructions for this was so difficult to find! cos it is just right in front of me in the calibration program! :bsmilie:

i got so stressed up looking at the screen that i was knocked out for about four hours.:embrass:

WHoa the color calibration is remarkable! it....... looked the same as my old color. :( one thing i might need to change is the monitor, brightness for it is getting "not as bright".

NMSS_2 said:
Thanks mate. now i know why instructions for this was so difficult to find! cos it is just right in front of me in the calibration program! :bsmilie:

i got so stressed up looking at the screen that i was knocked out for about four hours.:embrass:

WHoa the color calibration is remarkable! it....... looked the same as my old color. :( one thing i might need to change is the monitor, brightness for it is getting "not as bright".
how much u got it and where care to share

NMSS_2 said:
got it from amazon zshops. paid around $380 for the stuff($340) and "fragile" shipping by vpostusa($40).
thank

Status
Not open for further replies.