which model of camera?

oxymoron08

Nov 5, 2012
singapore
Selected a few models,been doing research yet come to decision which one to purchase!

there are the models :

1) Sony Nex 6
2) Sony 5N
3) Nikon 1 v2
4) Canon 600D
5) Canon 650D
6) Olympus E-PL5
7) Olympis E-PM2
8) Pentax - K30
9) Canon EOS M

which one have the best AF, video, low light performance,easier to use & suitable for beginner?

Selected a few models,been doing research yet come to decision which one to purchase!

there are the models :

1) Sony Nex 6
2) Sony 5N
3) Nikon 1 v2
4) Canon 600D
5) Canon 650D
6) Olympus E-PL5
7) Olympis E-PM2
8) Pentax - K30
9) Canon EOS M

which one have the best AF, video, low light performance,easier to use & suitable for beginner?

You very very broad one...

There are DSLRs and mirrorless in there.

Go to the shops and HOLD THEM IN YOUR HANDS. Then you'll know which feel better for you.

Best AF: Of course the DSLR.
Video: All have video.
Low light performance: All ok.
Easier to use: Up to you. what;s easy for me may not be easy for you.
Suitable for beginner: None and all. Each camera presents it's own learning curve.

canon 5D mark 3.

You really need to do some basic thinking and decide if you want mirrorless or DSLR, etc first.

among mirrorless, the NEX-6 is the top in your list. The 5N and 5R are slightly lower spec, no EVF, etc. The Olympus PL5 and PM2 are good too, but again in different price categories with different specs.

You mixed in 2 DSLR cameras in there, the 600d and 650D - I would not recommend either, I'd rather get a Sony DSLT or Pentax DSLR. :D

You need to do some "foot research".

Well... I'll go for A99 or 5DmkIII. If got more budget, I will buy 1DX... personal preference, not that others are no good though.

There is no best camera in the market... only best camera for the photographer using it ;)

kei1309 said:
Phase One 645DF+

Neoprint machine! Woohoo!

Haha!

Ok. Before I get blasted for being unhelpful, the range in mind is really wide, and it is apparent to me that the TS isn't clear of what he wants. And like what the Cat says in Alice in Wonderland, it really doesn't matter what the TS chooses - they all will do a fine job.

All different class...

All are decent, but u have to ask urself if you need

O/EVF?
Alot of fps?
Weathersealing?
Etc etc.

Things like AF or IQ are pretty much standard. Also consider ur budget. And really go those megastores to molest.

I highly recommend 1DX/4D or sony ericsson k800i (3.2 mega pixel!) for beginner

For me,

If mirrorless, get Nex 6
If dslr, get canon 650D

so... everyone's basing the comments on WHAT they love best, not what TS would like, what would suit TS most.

kei1309 said:
so... everyone's basing the comments on WHAT they love best, not what TS would like, what would suit TS most.

Of course. Because TS is following the standard newbie procedure of asking people to tell him what to buy, instead of following the steps in our "what Dslr to get" FAQ. :-D

Realistically, if he wants real input, he should have a shortlist of 3, maybe 4 models at most and be able to talk in a way that shows he actually handled them instead of just picking the top 15 cameras around his budget and pasting them into a forum post. ;-)

Of course i know that. And i also know that there will be an outpouring of sympathy and lots of "know-it-alls" will come in to give "advice" on which is the best camera according to them

All are pretty fair choices.

If you value fast access via buttons (as opposed to menu diving); Weather sealing, look to the K30.