Which Mode do you normally use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummyhalf

Jan 27, 2009
East Side of the Island
Hi guys,

Just curious. Do you normally use Manual mode all the time?

Or depends on situation where you switch to Aperture priority and Shutter Priority?

I think newbie like me will use Auto for the first time too.

Ok to make it simplier which mode do you guys use normally and at what situation.:think:

And which dial or mode is easy to use for newbies.

thanks

Hi guys,

Or depends on situation where you switch to Aperture priority and Shutter Priority?

Ok to make it simplier which mode do you guys use normally and at what situation.:think:

thanks

Hai Dummyhalf,I'm newbie too .It same goes to me too,Auto mode in initial stage.Get bored with it.Slowly,i train myself with manual mode and AP,and get hook with it especial Macro and close up shot.

Manual mode permanant. Rely on the light-meter and u have the full flexibility of adjusting aperture, shutter and iso on the fly!

Manual mode is not reccomended for newbies not used to metering. Set ur metering to evaluative, use auto iso, auto white balance and stick to av, tv, p modes and slowly pick up from there is the best. I reccomend starting with P mode at first and not full auto mode, so at least u can get a bit of feel over flash, iso and focus control etc while the camera takes care of ur exposure, shutter & aperture.

Last edited:
Mostly aperture priority mode

I used P all the time. No point doing what the camera is programmed to do for you.

I adjust the +/- according to the situation...

I'm a vry newbie...Bt 95% M mode,2% A,2% S,1% Auto.....Hehehe..Dnt knw why i find P mode vry confusing..nw learning hw it works..Hope to gt more in-depth hw P mode do his work fr shooter out there...Thx..

Last edited:
Hi, if I have all the time to shoot an object or shooting at night, I would use M mode as I can adjust the shutter speed and lighting effect to my liking. Otherwise I will use AV or P mode

Newbie here as well, can someone comment on these pics. I used aperture priority for most of my shoot too.
set-72157614932156821

Newbie here as well, can someone comment on these pics. I used aperture priority for most of my shoot too.
set-72157614932156821

No, cannot.

1.) Cos u linked a URL for a page with the IMG tag.
2.) Why not just start a new thread instead of potong from the TS?

I use whatever I need to in order to get the shot.

I use Av, P, M, or any of the Auto Set modes...it really depends where I am and what I am trying to get. I do find that sometime shooting in Auto and then seeing what the camera decided to use is a a good way to get an idea, then I sometimes switch to Av or M and just play around to see what results.

Hi guys,

thanks

i personally think no matter how experience one might get... still cant win the "sensor" built in the camera for exposure control bah... if we got alot of own sweet time to adjust speed n aperture, by all means try to play with manual... otherwise, i think T or A should be good enough for most cases... why try to skip technology when we already paid for it... :)

usually manual and aperture priority...

however i do use the P to take a look at settings, adjust and then reshoot, in the event my initial pic using manual didnt turn out too well.

Av - 80%, M - 15%, Tv - 5%

Status
Not open for further replies.