Which metering?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi bros,

Just wondering what metering mode do you guys often use?
Give me advises and reason if possible.

Cheers!!

:D

Spot! so can use the zone system;p
Now very easy la... just use evaluative den if exposure still off jus use bracketing lor...
doesnt really matter which type of metering u use unless under extreme lighting like strong backlight or side light...:D

it realli depends on wat i am shooting

Nobody use partial? 0% lei?
I think Professor Li Yuan said he prefers pertial over evaluative (during his talk at Boon Lay recently)
I cant vote yet (sigh), but I use evaluative also, unless got back light, then partial or spot.

Centre Weighted Most of the Time then comes Spot Metering...only when really lazy and I see the scene I am shooting is very "exposure friendly" I would shoot on Matrix mode.

Depends on what I am taking too, Portrait, streets shot - center weighted, Landscape - Evaluative, dark subject - Partial, then compensate. I think every one have their own liking, no standard rule really :dunno:

Hi bros,

Cheers!!

What's Evaluative and what's Partial metering? Which brand? I guess your question can not be answered by people who have no idea about which brand you use. I think you should have posted this on the subforum of your own brand.

Otherwise, I use the metering mode which is needed for the shoot. Different depending on the situation and lighting.

hey..depends on what u are shooting and the situation

peace

there should never be only one type of metering you use.

Each type of metering is used for different purposes and situations.

Often use spot and center weighted if shooting 1 subject the rest if its perspective, etc.

Yknow something, I don't really know. If it looks like it's been exposed wrongly, instead of changing the metering mode I use exposure compensation. Aha.

evaluative. if too dark or bright then use exposure compensation.

Spot on Manual mode...

Eval, Ctr Wgt on Av or Tv...

Since i shoot manual mode more, it's Spot for me...

I always use evaluative metering.

I started off manually and spot metering when i first learned how to take pictures with an SLR. Now I still use spot metering :bsmilie: habit

It is useful in an occassion the average reflectance of the scene can be potentially misleading. But most of the usual shots I would think evaluative metering suffice.

Ryan

Hi bros,

Cheers!!

Incident light, anyone? ;p

Why not try all 3 in the same shot and see which one gives you your ideal colour reproduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.