Which memory is better, SD CArd or CF Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerashy

Sep 27, 2004
Hi,
Which is the better memory type for digital cameras? SD Card or CF Card? The SD Card is smaller and cheaper but may not be as fast or crossed 2 GB size yet. The CF Card is more expensive but has 4Gb sizes, etc.

What do you think?

You could be on the verge of causing a war...
Btw, SD cards also have High Capacity card as the CF card known as HCSD card.

Hi,
Which is the better memory type for digital cameras? SD Card or CF Card? The SD Card is smaller and cheaper but may not be as fast or crossed 2 GB size yet. The CF Card is more expensive but has 4Gb sizes, etc.

What do you think?

Wrong forum.... this is Nikon forum :bsmilie: anyway do u choose a camera base on what memory card it uses ??

Nikon got come out sd or cf cards?;p

harddisk is better. Faster, and can 400Gb easily :D

think can suggest implementing harddisk into the camera.

D99 kit set with 30gig - @$2499
D99 kit set with 40gig - @$2549
D99 kit set with 80gig - @$2699

hehehe

think can suggest implementing harddisk into the camera.

D99 kit set with 30gig - @$2499
D99 kit set with 40gig - @$2549
D99 kit set with 80gig - @$2699

hehehe
No lah, please keep DSLR light and compact...for me...;) Anyway, instead of worrying about SD or CF card, can get a portable media player (120Gb) and with cost of SD/CF card becoming more affordable, not really an issue.

Don't think you can compare just SD/CF card which being better. Depends on your camera model and its function is more a choice than the memory cards.

BTW, this Nikon forum, wrong place to discuss on just memory cards issue.

Wrong forum.... this is Nikon forum :bsmilie: anyway do u choose a camera base on what memory card it uses ??

Actually, you ask, but yeah, I would. The main reason a D80 isnt in my hands right now is becuase it uses SD. I have already invested in CF for my D70s and will therefore get the D200 when need be.

If I'm using 2 bodies, then both bodies defintely got to be using the same storage type. For my case, the CF card now.

I will go for CF card as I heard a some issues on SD and xD card.
care to share the issue with SD card? so far i only heard mainly about xD card problem, not much about CF/SD

Sorry, me bad for starting this in Nikon forum. I was actually thinking of the D80 with SD Card versus D200 with CF card. Its not the total decision point but another factor to consider.

Cheers.

Sorry, me bad for starting this in Nikon forum. I was actually thinking of the D80 with SD Card versus D200 with CF card. Its not the total decision point but another factor to consider.

Cheers.

you are considering a Benz and Toyota.....and the memory type is actually the least important factor among the two :lovegrin: I will go with D200 if money is no issue :lovegrin:

I am probably going for the D80. Just trying to psycho myself into not getting the D200.

Personally... have encountered some faults with SD cards and I dun quite like the reliability of these cards.

Also their contacts always seem to have difficulty with some readers. Thus I prefer the stable pins of the CF's

just buy and use the cam that u bought or suit u, and shoot...i don't care about CF or SD as long as it serve the purpose and at resasonable cost.

I use both CF and SDHC cards on my 1D and for cards with comparable read/write speeds, I find the SD card has a slight speed advantage over the CF. Cost wise, I would still go for a CF card as they are considerably less. I find SD cards a little small and easier to misplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.