Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwongsm

May 26, 2003
East, Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi,

Let's try to find out which is the most preferred memory card !

If the manufacturer sees this ... They may want to consider just having one or two types of cards and just standardise one type and improve on it !

What do U think ?

Do drop a line and share your thoughts :bwhat:

sometime we don't have option. last time my device uses CF , now after i upgraded, it uses SD.

Originally posted by ninelives
sometime we don't have option. last time my device uses CF , now after i upgraded, it uses SD.

Yeah ... I understand that ... So may be we can have a small adapter which is compatible to all cameras ... so that other cards can be used ??

However, is there a preference when you are choosing a camera ?? Like do you prefer to buy a camera with Compact Flash ??

Opening up further discussions here. :p

Any opinions on which memory card is the best suited for digital camera use, technologically, byte per $, speed, ruggedness or any other factors? Will XD overtake CF in terms of popularity one day?

He hee .. Thanks Noir .. actually, that's what I wanna ask also ;)

In my very own opinion, I feel that Compact Flash is the cheapest and most widely use among DC users ...

xD is still pretty new in the market ... But I guess the price will soon drop and since everything is going to become smaller and smaller, I believe xD or other cards will be dominating the market one day ... :D

Originally posted by Pinoy
It falls under the Compact Flash category (CF II)

:Later,

Hello.

But I feel they are two totally different types though, with different characteristics: Solid state vs hard-disk. Now with 1GB CF coming out at virtually the same price as 1GBMDrive, are the days of the Microdrive numbered?

FWIW, I use a Microdrive because up till a month ago, it was probably the best value for money as far a large-capacity cards went.

Does the camera determine the capacity limit of an XD card, like the Smart Media card? What I know is that for a CF card, the processor is sitting in the card itself and does the talking with the camera, so CF card's capacity can potentially go up to the moon and back (ok, I know I'm exaggerating here :p ).

Hi,
If given a choice on the memory devices, i would gladly choose compact flash with no second thought. It is cheaper, bigger memory size available, not too small that it will be easily misplaced most important is it feel more solid then the rest.
Btw, OT abit here, does anyone here know any good MP3 player that accept CF cards. Where can I get it?

An MP3 Player?? I use CF To store MP3 and listen with my laptop through Card REader .. hee hee NO Smaller yet (I guess) :D

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
Hi,
If given a choice on the memory devices, i would gladly choose compact flash with no second thought. It is cheaper, bigger memory size available, not too small that it will be easily misplaced most important is it feel more solid then the rest.
Btw, OT abit here, does anyone here know any good MP3 player that accept CF cards. Where can I get it?

CF for me. Makes my media interchangeable with most of my group of shooters.
Sometimes lend my CF to my cousin, or my students, or my friends. Other times snatch the CF from my friends' S2 or D100... :D

I personally prefer CF. SD is too small for me, although that size will be good for smaller devices such as handphones.

I doubt that cards can go much smaller - ergonomically it won't make sense.

Ok ... Out of topic a bit first .... So do you think handphones should go smaller and smaller ??

Originally posted by cyke
I personally prefer CF. SD is too small for me, although that size will be good for smaller devices such as handphones.

I doubt that cards can go much smaller - ergonomically it won't make sense.

No preferences on the card type actually, I let my camera decide. :embrass:

Originally posted by cwongsm
Ok ... Out of topic a bit first .... So do you think handphones should go smaller and smaller ??

If handphones do grow smaller, then the way it's used will have to be changed.

e.g. if it gets too small to be held in the hands, perhaps it will have to be clipped to the ear

Back to the topic, I hope CF stays for a long while yet for cameras, am thinking of getting bigger capacity ones!

compact flash!

cheap, robust, durable, fast, popular!

Status
Not open for further replies.