Which looks better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsbm

Sep 7, 2006
Testing out various diffused flash. Taken with DCR-250, inbuild flash & emoblitz 328.

Please comment on the lighting. Thanks.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Using ext flash will be the choice. Best is bounce and using card then direct. Depending on situation. For my eyes, I will prefer for pic 3 then the rest.

Pic 1, the detail is not there as compared to no.3 But the color do seem different. Mayb the light.

Pic 2 and 4, needless to say. Way under expo.

Do you mind sharing which pic is direct flash and external flash?

lordsbm

Sep 7, 2006
Using ext flash will be the choice. Best is bounce and using card then direct. Depending on situation. For my eyes, I will prefer for pic 3 then the rest.

Pic 1, the detail is not there as compared to no.3 But the color do seem different. Mayb the light.

Pic 2 and 4, needless to say. Way under expo.

Do you mind sharing which pic is direct flash and external flash?
Thanks. They are all direct flash diffused differently, #2 & #4 have ext diffused flash added to them. (Using ext flash to reduced the harsh effect of direct flash.) After testing them on insects, #3 & #4 are most effective. #3 on insects with non-shining shell, and #4 on those with shining shell.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
hmm.. 2 and 4 is ext flash... thats kinda weird that the lighting is kinda low... how do u set your fash position thou? :)

lordsbm

Sep 7, 2006
hmm.. 2 and 4 is ext flash... thats kinda weird that the lighting is kinda low... how do u set your fash position thou? :)
I clash the 2 flash together. Instead of facing the ext towards the subject, I faced it towards the diection of the direct flash. That's why it is underexposed, but it gives me the even light I need. So I'll need Ev+2 to get the correct exposure.

Weird way to do it, but I kinda understand something over the weekend. I'm not going pro, so as long I'm happy with the shot I take, it doesn't matter if it looks bad;)

metallilan

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
I clash the 2 flash together. Instead of facing the ext towards the subject, I faced it towards the diection of the direct flash. That's why it is underexposed, but it gives me the even light I need. So I'll need Ev+2 to get the correct exposure.

Weird way to do it, but I kinda understand something over the weekend. I'm not going pro, so as long I'm happy with the shot I take, it doesn't matter if it looks bad;)
When i was using my FZ5 i didn't actually used any compensation. I covered the sensor to get the full power of the flash, whilst using the max shutter speed and f/8 for most of my macro shots back then..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom