Which lenses for Singapore?

bhairavp

Nov 7, 2012
Mumbai, India
Hi guys, so I'm visiting Singapore for the first time over the New Year timeframe, staying in the Clark Quay area.
I shoot a K-x + DA16-45, Tamron 28-75 and a DA-L 55-300 for zooms, and an FA28, DA35, FA50, M100 Macro for primes.
What lenses would you guys recommend I bring? Planning to go to Jurong, walk around Orchard Street and Sentosa. Oh, and go see some good New Years' parties as well, of course!

Thanks.

There are no lens made for Singapore. :bsmilie:
U need to ask yourself what kind of photos you want to shoot. After you answer that. You will know what to bring.
If you cant answer. Then maybe the best bet is just bring everything u have. If still not enough..you can buy in Singapore also. :)

Last edited:
Staying near Clarke Quay, you'll DEFINITELY need the 16-45.. And although overlapping, maybe the 28-75..

Singapore's a pretty "tight" country to me.. Heh! Long zooms are not really useful.

Why don't you list down your itinerary?

From what I believe, you'll definitely be wanting to shoot wide more often. Singapore's an awesome place for night shoots.

Last edited:
It depends on your own shooting style, for example if you like to take more of people or landscapes or buildings etc

For me, I'll bring the Tamron 28-75 for general stuff,and the 100mm prime for closeups

IMO 1645 for all your cityscape photos. 2875 for all the ppl shots. bring one of your favourite prime for that extra punch. oh a light tripod for night cityscapes too.

Last edited:
Bring along the 16-45 and the DA35, as there are many wonderful scenes for the 16mm of the lens 50mm part good for portraits. THe 35 would serve as the all rounder if you don't want to put the 16-50 on

First of all, welcome to Singapore in advance.
I would recommend the 16-45 for general shooting, DA35 and if you got spare capacity (on weight), the 55-300 just in case you need to shoot long(which i can foresee usage will be low).

Enjoy your trip :)

Hi guys, so I'm visiting Singapore for the first time over the New Year timeframe, staying in the Clark Quay area.
I shoot a K-x + DA16-45, Tamron 28-75 and a DA-L 55-300 for zooms, and an FA28, DA35, FA50, M100 Macro for primes.
What lenses would you guys recommend I bring? Planning to go to Jurong, walk around Orchard Street and Sentosa. Oh, and go see some good New Years' parties as well, of course!

Thanks.

If ya not focusing too much on portrait actually just bring DA16-45 and Tamron 28-75 will do, DA-L 55-300 for zooms (a must have if ya going to zoo, bird park kind of places else its optional) take a look at some of my works i took in Singapore

+ projects: Meng Chan Photography - Projects
+ portraiture: http://mengchanphotography.wordpress.com/
+ street&architecture: Meng Chan Photography - street+architecture
+ iphotography: Meng Chan iPhotography Works - photography through iPhone @ random things that inspire me

Thanks.

If ya not focusing too much on portrait actually just bring DA16-45 and Tamron 28-75 will do, DA-L 55-300 for zooms (a must have if ya going to zoo, bird park kind of places else its optional) take a look at some of my works i took in Singapore

+ projects: Meng Chan Photography - Projects
+ portraiture: http://mengchanphotography.wordpress.com/
+ street&architecture: Meng Chan Photography - street+architecture
+ iphotography: Meng Chan iPhotography Works - photography through iPhone @ random things that inspire me

Thanks for the heads-up. DA16-45, Tammy 28-75, DA-L 55-300 and one prime methinks should work.

It depends on what you intend to shoot.

That seems like a lot of lenses with quite some overlap here and there. If you really need all the focal lengths, I'd take this set:

16-45, 28-75 (f/2.8 right, so that's reasonably fast) and 55-300. You can bring the macro if you plan to shoot it. Otherwise you can leave it out.