Which lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtl1987

Oct 28, 2008
Hi, I am buying a DSLR for a fren, looking at a D60 or a 450D. Can anyone recommend me what lens to get with the camera? I heard that for the D60 the 18-55mm VR is good? How about for the 450D? I need just a well rounded, versatile lens, since its my fren's first DSLR. Also, for the D60, I heard the lens need to have some motor inside for the focus thing as its not built into the body? Can anyone elighten me on that? Will you consider it a dealbreaker? Thanks alot!

Well the 18-55 kit is quite an average lens and D60 need lens that have in built motor in order to autofocus, otherwise its manual focus.

For canon kit lens i guess let canon users guide u here :)

entry lvl cameras are pretty much the same. 450d has 18-55 IS as the kit lens too. The main difference would be autofocussing. D60 can only auto focus with AF-S lenses and those 3rd party ones with built in motor, while canon ones can AF with any AF lens.

So is the fact that the lens requires the motor thingy a dealbreaker? Sorry i am a total noob at such things. Do many lenses come with the motor? And will the lenses cost alot more? Is the canon a better buy?

entry lvl cameras are pretty much the same. 450d has 18-55 IS as the kit lens too. The main difference would be autofocussing. D60 can only auto focus with AF-S lenses and those 3rd party ones with built in motor, while canon ones can AF with any AF lens.
not sure but i think Nikon came out with 18-55mm with VR (IS for Canon users) first.

it depends on whether your friend want to expand on the DSLR. Best is to go shops on weekday and try both out.

So which camera would you guys recommend? the D60 or the 450D?

Hi, I am buying a DSLR for a fren, looking at a D60 or a 450D. Can anyone recommend me what lens to get with the camera? I heard that for the D60 the 18-55mm VR is good? How about for the 450D? I need just a well rounded, versatile lens, since its my fren's first DSLR. Also, for the D60, I heard the lens need to have some motor inside for the focus thing as its not built into the body? Can anyone elighten me on that? Will you consider it a dealbreaker? Thanks alot!

woah! you actually buying a DSLR for your friend? cool! can i be your friend? HAHA! Anyway get the 450D, i got it and never regretted it.

Haha. My girlfren actually. Sharing with some other pple of course. Poor student no $$$. Anyway what is the main difference between the EOS1000D and the 450D? I see that the 1000D is slightly cheaper with a dual lens kit!

Haha. My girlfren actually. Sharing with some other pple of course. Poor student no $$$. Anyway what is the main difference between the EOS1000D and the 450D? I see that the 1000D is slightly cheaper with a dual lens kit!

get that one then. no foul no harm. lol. not much diff...just...cheaper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.