Which lens will you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budgetphoto88

Nov 28, 2006
Hi,
Between a Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 and a Sigma 24-70 F/2.8, both canon mount. which will you guys choose??
Need your feedback.

Thanks
Ed

Hi,
Between a Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 and a Sigma 24-70 F/2.8, both canon mount. which will you guys choose??
Need your feedback.

Thanks
Ed
own a 28-75(nikon) love the image. :thumbsup:

own a 28-75(nikon) love the image. :thumbsup:

Ah, that was a little confusing; you prob meant: "own a Tamron 28-75 (nikon mount)", as I've seen your posted image before :)

Ah, that was a little confusing; you prob meant: "own a Tamron 28-75 (nikon mount)", as I've seen your posted image before :)

iirc nikon doesn't have a 28-75, only 28-70, so it gonna be tamron, especially in this case you are asking about tamron as well. :bsmilie:

neither, because they are 3rd party

Hi,
Need your feedback.

For me, I wont go for third party brands. But you're not me.

So... between the two, not considering the optical qualities of the two (which I have no idea about), I'd say that the 24mm on the Sigma is probably more useful than the 28mm on the Tamron. There's 5mm more on the Tamron on the tele end, but I will not miss it compared to the extra 4mm on the wide angle side.

i will go for the 24-70. personally had the opportunity to use both the lens. the 24-70 is much better. in terms of optical quality and build.

I'll take the 24-70. Agree with brian that the 4mm on the wide end will be more useful than the extra 5mm on the tele end, especially if you're on a crop body. AF speed and accuracy goes to the Sigma over the Tamron. :)

Tamron for me! Sharp! :)

both good. sigma lower resale value. tamron is a better choice. :sweatsm: always choose tamron... good lenses :sweatsm:

First!
What do you want?

Second!
What do you look for?

Third...
Do you really need it?

Status
Not open for further replies.