Which Lens to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haffendy

Mar 20, 2006
HI to all the master!!!!!! JUst wondering and would like to know what kind of lens best use for model catwalk show? me currently having the D70s kits aND SIGMA 70-300F4-5.6. What setting should I use for the shutter speed and 'f' stop? sorry to ask you guys this as I am a newby and still learning very hard.:embrass:

I'm not a master, just a poor newbie. But the choice of lens to use is depending on how far you are from the objective, if you are close (i.e. just in front of them, then you don't need a 70-300mm lens, a 18-70 would suffice to fill the screen with the objective, in this case the model)

Now on the matter of f stop and speed, it all depends on the available light in the location, your ISO setting and whether you are using flash. If brightly lit, then you won't have much problems choosing your aperture to blur out the background or to show more...

There is no magic numbers to follow, just keep shooting and trying until you get the desired picture.

:)

zac08 said:
I'm not a master, just a poor newbie. But the choice of lens to use is depending on how far you are from the objective, if you are close (i.e. just in front of them, then you don't need a 70-300mm lens, a 18-70 would suffice to fill the screen with the objective, in this case the model)

Now on the matter of f stop and speed, it all depends on the available light in the location, your ISO setting and whether you are using flash. If brightly lit, then you won't have much problems choosing your aperture to blur out the background or to show more...

There is no magic numbers to follow, just keep shooting and trying until you get the desired picture.

:)

Sounds like a seasoned photog talking... :thumbsup:

A Pro indeed... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips Bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.