Which lens to take??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysouke

Apr 25, 2009
I have been thinking... sigma 17-70mm OS, Tamron 17-50mm vc version and canon 17-55mm

For sigma one, dont have fix f stop...and tamron have shorter focal range (less 5mm), all three have anti shake function and in term of price sigma 17-70mm OS is cheaper about S$700++

Basically, but for IQ ... i am not sure...so need recommendation...

I have been thinking... sigma 17-70mm OS, Tamron 17-50mm vc version and canon 17-55mm

For sigma one, dont have fix f stop...and tamron have shorter focal range (less 5mm), all three have anti shake function and in term of price sigma 17-70mm OS is cheaper about S$700++

Basically, but for IQ ... i am not sure...so need recommendation...

I've yet to use Sigma 17-70mm OS before but for the other 2 lenses, Tamron 17-50mm VC is recommended for its price as compared to Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS.

That said, Tamron 17-50mm VC works pretty well. :)

I've yet to use Sigma 17-70mm OS before but for the other 2 lenses, Tamron 17-50mm VC is recommended for its price as compared to Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS.

That said, Tamron 17-50mm VC works pretty well. :)

that what i heard too...and i have check the price..canon is 1.5k and tamron is 900++

that what i heard too...and i have check the price..canon is 1.5k and tamron is 900++

Yup. The only feature that I find lacking about Tamron is the lack of FTM (Full-time manual focusing). Apart from that, its a good competitor to Canon EF-S 17-55mm.

Price-wise, there's significant difference and for people with tight budget, Tamron is worth trying. :)

Yup. The only feature that I find lacking about Tamron is the lack of FTM (Full-time manual focusing). Apart from that, its a good competitor to Canon EF-S 17-55mm.

Price-wise, there's significant difference and for people with tight budget, Tamron is worth trying. :)

if let dont talk about price..in term of build quality and IQ ... canon 17-55mm is better?

if let dont talk about price..in term of build quality and IQ ... canon 17-55mm is better?

:think: Both are quite similar though I didn't do a thorough review on it.

Build quality wise, it seems that Tamron 17-50mm VC is more rugged? :bsmilie:

:think: Both are quite similar though I didn't do a thorough review on it.

Build quality wise, it seems that Tamron 17-50mm VC is more rugged? :bsmilie:

i am not sure...if both are the same..then no point pay more .. unless canon 17-55mm is better..

i am not sure...if both are the same..then no point pay more .. unless canon 17-55mm is better..

:bsmilie: Drop by a shop and try 'em out. ;)

:bsmilie: Drop by a shop and try 'em out. ;)

i drop by a shop yesterday...but 17-55mm sold out..so i cannot compare ...

so headache..no choice but to ask in forum and hope can get some advices...

:bsmilie: I sold off my Tamron 17-50mm VC because I already have Canon EF-S 17-55mm before it. ;)

:bsmilie: I sold off my Tamron 17-50mm VC because I already have Canon EF-S 17-55mm before it. ;)

hahaha..u have two before...so what do u think between these two?? why u sold tamron not canon ?? hahaha

hahaha..u have two before...so what do u think between these two?? why u sold tamron not canon ?? hahaha

:bsmilie: Because I want USM and FTM. Tamron doesn't have 'em. However, if there's no need for FTM, Tamron will be an attractive option. :)

:bsmilie: Because I want USM and FTM. Tamron doesn't have 'em. However, if there's no need for FTM, Tamron will be an attractive option. :)

FTM is manual focusing?? tamron dont have manual focusing?

FTM is manual focusing?? tamron dont have manual focusing?

It allows the user to MF while AF is on. :)

Tamron doesn't have that feature. To MF on Tamron, you'll have to toggle the switch. However not everyone will need that FTM feature though.

i see...in term of IQ..both seem the same? And i heard 17-55mm got flare issue so is it true?

i see...in term of IQ..both seem the same? And i heard 17-55mm got flare issue so is it true?

:think: Pretty close. As for the flare issue, didn't encounter it. :)

erm pretty close..so 17-55mm still slightly slighty better hahahaha

erm pretty close..so 17-55mm still slightly slighty better hahahaha

:bsmilie: I didn't pixel peep 'em so no comment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.