Which lens to buy, 24mm 1.8 or 20mm 1.8

atique

May 15, 2012
Hi all

I have two camera bodies, one is D800 and the other is D7000.

I have to buy one lens out of the above mentioned two lenses.

Which one?

I already have 24-70, 50. 35, 14-24, and 11-16, 105micro.

I would love to have your comments

Thanks

Hi all

I have two camera bodies, one is D800 and the other is D7000.

I have to buy one lens out of the above mentioned two lenses.

Which one?

I already have 24-70, 50. 35, 14-24, and 11-16, 105micro.

I would love to have your comments

Thanks

I will choose 20mm.

more lens choices, more headache, not sure what to get, not sure what to pack for shoot,
either kill myself for over-packing for the shoot or kick myself for bring the "wrong" items during the shoot.

I would said I just picked one and make it worked for me, keep it simple.

Go for 24mm , when use D7000 will give u 35mm range, nice for street shooting and light weight setup.

Go for 24mm , when use D7000 will give u 35mm range, nice for street shooting and light weight setup.

Thanks for the reply

I would like to ask you, y not 20mm, it will be wider on cropped and very wide on ff

more lens choices, more headache, not sure what to get, not sure what to pack for shoot, either kill myself for over-packing for the shoot or kick myself for bring the "wrong" items during the shoot. I would said I just picked one and make it worked for me, keep it simple.
Infact I am fed up of the heavy 24-70 and 14-24 Therefore I was thinking of switching to primes Thinking of only having 20,35 50 and 85 What do you think

Last edited:
Infact I am fed up of the heavy 24-70 and 14-24 Therefore I was thinking of switching to primes Thinking of only having 20,35 50 and 85 What do you think

Depends on you. How often you see yourself changing lens often if you need to when shooting an interesting scene. I use the trinity and I change them a lot less often then when I use to use primes. Some places you have all the time and place ( and security) to do that but at times you don't or can't for some reason to change about quickly and still get the shot if time was an essence.

If you are getting all the best primes with the best Fstop, you put all the weights together and then you weight the 14-24 and 24-70mm.. how much more weight is it really you think is preventing you from shooting your best?

Last edited:

The gears you want, is depends on what you are shooting, and how the way you shoot.

so what lenses suit you? I don't know!

you are asking for lens recommendation, others will just give you THEIR lens choice, will that work for you? seriously I don't know.

but one thing for sure, that is the best way to collect white elephants.

btw, agree with sammy wholeheartedly, read his comment carefully.

For me I must have both..this is why I just bought a hundred...lol

Depends on you. How often you see yourself changing lens often if you need to when shooting an interesting scene. I use the trinity and I change them a lot less often then when I use to use primes. Some places you have all the time and place ( and security) to do that but at times you don't or can't for some reason to change about quickly and still get the shot if time was an essence. If you are getting all the best primes with the best Fstop, you put all the weights together and then you weight the 14-24 and 24-70mm.. how much more weight is it really you think is preventing you from shooting your best?

Sammy

Thanks for the reply

I tend to agree with you, and still take the 24-70..... Just in case...!!

Definitely 24-70 and 14-24 are above average lenses, and once we are used to them, then switching to primes would be difficult.

Thanks Sammy

The gears you want, is depends on what you are shooting, and how the way you shoot. so what lenses suit you? I don't know! you are asking for lens recommendation, others will just give you THEIR lens choice, will that work for you? seriously I don't know. but one thing for sure, that is the best way to collect white elephants. btw, agree with sammy wholeheartedly, read his comment carefully.

Catchlights

Thanks

I am hardly using 50 and 35. I think it will go along with them in the dry box