which lens to bring to beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtan4

Nov 29, 2006
Hi.

Need some advice..

I'm going to Beijing end Sept and I'm all excited about using my DSLR. (haven't been on a holiday for a LONG time).

Wondering what lens to bring... My hubby will be bringing along a Point n Shoot camera too. I've got 3 lens which I'm considering:-

50mm prime
18-55mm (Canon 350D kit lens)
28-135mm IS

i've not made up my mind about what to bring. sure would welcome any advice!!

Thanks!
Jinny

Can leave the 50 mm at home :cry:

18-55mm should be the most commonly used.:)

Not sure how often do you use the 28 -135 mm IS?

For tour, should enjoy the scenery more and the 18-55 mm should be sufficient. Travel light is critical for leisure tour.

One problem in Beijing is the dust that may get into your camera. Just be prepared.:sweat:

sirichai

18-55mm will be enough if only 1 lense, otherwise can bring along the 28 -135 mm IS ;)

Hi.

Need some advice..

I'm going to Beijing end Sept and I'm all excited about using my DSLR. (haven't been on a holiday for a LONG time).

Wondering what lens to bring... My hubby will be bringing along a Point n Shoot camera too. I've got 3 lens which I'm considering:-

50mm prime
18-55mm (Canon 350D kit lens)
28-135mm IS

i've not made up my mind about what to bring. sure would welcome any advice!!

Thanks!
Jinny

i assume you have all 3 lens..

of cos bring all.. :bsmilie:

make your hubby carry them on his hands so you can switch lens anytime you need. ;)

i assume you have all 3 lens..

of cos bring all.. :bsmilie:

make your hubby carry them on his hands so you can switch lens anytime you need. ;)

Hahaha.. no lah, I shan't be so mean to him. Initially, I was thinking of bringing all 3 lens because I just can't make up my mind.

However, I did hear about the dust in Beijing (the air being polluted and all) and I was concerned whether I should be changing lens in public. Was thinking that instead of changing lens often, I might as well bring 1 lens and use it the entire trip. This wld reduce the chance of any dust going into the sensor.

seems like 18-55mm is the "recommended" lens to bring so far.

Thanks!!
Jinny

Beijing, avoid changing lens in public even if you cannot see the dust.
Trying digging your nose with a clean tissue after a day out and you will know.

I live here in Beijing. And I tell you this, you are better off taking the 18-55 and keeping that lens permanently attached to your camera. In no circumstances should you ever change lens while you are outdoors, or elephants will appear in your pictures.

Try to enjoy the holiday. So one lens, one camera. Travel light and enjoy time with your hubby.

Just bring your 18-55mm lens. I am travelling at the moment and bought both the 17-50 and 55-200. So far, the only lens that I have used for the past week is the 17-50. ;)

I think 18-55 should be enough
you wouldnt want to miss out on the wide end

Status
Not open for further replies.