which lens should i bring?

bodhi

Apr 25, 2011
Berlin, Germany, Germany
hi guys,
i'm already planning my photography trip to asia (hkg & singapore) for about 1 month in november

my question is which lens would you recommend for this trip,
i'm using the canon 7D and i will definitly bring my 24-70L, thats for sure

NOW - how much wide angle should i bring,
my tendency goes to an UWA lens, something between 10 and 20mm
maybe the canon 16-35L or tokina 11-16 or maybe even the canon 14L, i will see how the money situation will be,

would you recommend to buy an UWA lens or a tele lens like the 70-200L from canon for this trip

i'm photographing city- street- and landscape

thanks for all help to make my decision

personal preferrence 16-35L because tokina 11-16 will be just wide for landscrape... while 16-35 can be used to shoot people if you do not wanna change lens.

I typically travel with 11-16 because its perfect for landscape. 24-70 covers all your range for other shooting already, so you only need an UWA for detailed and tripod-ed landscape shoot.

If you see something interesting and couldn't get near, no zoom
?

Tokina 11-16 plus ur 24-70L will do.
I've been to HK and tokina 11-16 lens serve me well.
But it depends on what you shoot. My preference is to shoot portrait of my wife, me and landscape or scenic view.

On a recent trip to Guilin China, i brought 2 camera bodies with me. As for lenses, I had tokina 11-16, sigma 30mm, sigma 50mm & sigma 150mm. On one of the bodies, the 11-16mm was always on, and I used it most of the time. The other body was always alternating between the 30mm and 50mm. The 150mm was the least used.

i used the toki 11-16 for everything, including protraits. Some may think that UWA are not suitable for shooting people, but i personall like the "fun" perspective of that lens on people

hi guys, thanks for the response so far,

i guess i will take the tokina 11-16, it's probably the most suitable one for shooting landscapes and city/street,
i have read the tokina is awesome in terms of quality so it will probably be my choice

@Bukitimah: i don't need a tele lens with 100mm or more because:
1st: i don't shoot animals or whatever and
2nd: i always get close to my motive :)

thanks to everyone
now it's a question of money, tokina 11-16 or canon 14L
thank again, bye