which lens is the next logical step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just lenses which just allows you to focus up closer all of them are able to focus all the way down to infinity also.
so i read that it's 1:2.7 and 1:3 magnification for the 2 lenses..

that's not THAT macro right? it says nearest focusing distance is 20cm!! that's like.. quite far.

i think i better go shop test it out.

that's not THAT macro right? it says nearest focusing distance is 20cm!! that's like.. quite far.

Please note that 20cm is from the sensor to the subject... not the lens element to the subject.

your 50mm 1.4 is 45cm there abouts...

20cm.. isnt as far as you think.. its actually quite close

Please note that 20cm is from the sensor to the subject... not the lens element to the subject.

your 50mm 1.4 is 45cm there abouts...

20cm.. isnt as far as you think.. its actually quite close

oooh.. ok. i guess that's what the little short line marking on the D80 body is referring to?

so wen we do macro with macro lens, it should be able to focus at maximum focal length? ie 50mm for the sigma 18-50/2.8

oooh.. ok. i guess that's what the little short line marking on the D80 body is referring to?

so wen we do macro with macro lens, it should be able to focus at maximum focal length? ie 50mm for the sigma 18-50/2.8

Yeah.. the line which looks something like -o-.

Yes. For macro, the maximum magnification is rated at the longest focal length.

Status
Not open for further replies.