which lens adapter to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

strength_n_honour

i used to have a 41-37 thread size converter but becos the thread is too small i can only take a decent photo (w/o the hole) when i zoom in totally... that's why its either i use 3x zoom or i max to 6 x... i can't take a photo within 4x and 5x zoom.

can someone tell me that is the correct thread size to prevent this from happening?

Anyway i'll be getting my c4000 today so it should be 41-?

Originally posted by strength_n_honour
i used to have a 41-37 thread size converter but becos the thread is too small i can only take a decent photo (w/o the hole) when i zoom in totally... that's why its either i use 3x zoom or i max to 6 x... i can't take a photo within 4x and 5x zoom.

can someone tell me that is the correct thread size to prevent this from happening?

Anyway i'll be getting my c4000 today so it should be 41-?
the only other adapter avialable here is 41-43 from Olympus. I am using the 41-37 adapter and it does have the problem of black round corners at wide. I think I would like to sell the adapter away and get the Olympus 41-43. I should have tested it fully before buying. :(

Like what PsychoBoy stated, the best option by far is to simply use the Olympus lens adaptor designed specifically for their Camedia digicams (except the C-7xx "ultra zooms"). It's called the CLA-1 ("Camedia Lens Adaptor"), and it has 43mm front threads.

prob is even if i buy the CLA-10 my tc also cannot be used... the thread for my dc is onli 37 and i ask Ap ppl and they also say i have to suck thumb and live with it.

Originally posted by strength_n_honour
prob is even if i buy the CLA-10 my tc also cannot be used... the thread for my dc is onli 37 and i ask Ap ppl and they also say i have to suck thumb and live with it.
what TC? what is the thread size?

i'm also havign problems with getting a good Tc.... so now i'm just waiting for the cash to get a Olympus Tc.....

Originally posted by SianZronG
i'm also havign problems with getting a good Tc.... so now i'm just waiting for the cash to get a Olympus Tc.....
Even if you have the $$$, it's getting increasingly difficult to get one's hands on the Olympus IS-series teleconverter lenses (A-200, B-300) due to sheer lack of availability. Unless you're referring to the TCON-300, but that's an entirely different ball game altogether (and it's a huge beast at that, at least for a digicam).

I found that the following article (taken from elsewhere in this forum) gives good insight into suitable armouring.. :)

http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2000z/filters/index.htm

So I've ended up buying the following items for my C3020.. total $58.. din really bargain.. :cool:

- CLA-1 ($32)
- 43-46mm step-up ring ($8)
- 46mm Vitacon UV filter ($12)
- 46mm lens cap ($6)

Originally posted by stk
I found that the following article (taken from elsewhere in this forum) gives good insight into suitable armouring.. :)

http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2000z/filters/index.htm

So I've ended up buying the following items for my C3020.. total $58.. din really bargain.. :cool:

- CLA-1 ($32)
- 43-46mm step-up ring ($8)
- 46mm Vitacon UV filter ($12)
- 46mm lens cap ($6)

how much of the view finder and flash will a 46mm block? any sample pictures?

about just a little of the corner... but it is quite obvious at full wide... i'm running on a CLA-1 and a step up ring and a UV filter and it is arleady blocking the flash....

about just a little of the corner... but it is quite obvious at full wide... i'm running on a CLA-1 and a step up ring and a UV filter and it is arleady blocking the flash....
I am thinking of taking the advice of the webpage. use a 43mm filter and break the glass to extend the adapter. I wonder is it easy to find 43mm filters like close up and polariser. anyone knows?

Even the CLA-1 alone would block part of the viewfinder and flash (at wide angle) liao.. so going with a 43mm extension won't totally solve the problem and u run the risk of still ending up with slight vignetting at full 32mm wide angle (won't know till u try). That's why i decided to go with 46mm as a balanced choice.. Even though 49mm filters are more widely available, 49mm would block the flash even more liao.. :)

Guess that's the trade off of armouring and using filters..

so it's time to get external flashes :D

And the conspiracy continues.. :bsmilie:

Luckily i'm more into outdoor and scenery photography.. not so much on flash or indoor photography.. ;)

Originally posted by stk

And the conspiracy continues.. :bsmilie:

Luckily i'm more into outdoor and scenery photography.. not so much on flash or indoor photography.. ;)

yeah it continues.... soon you will have spent enough to buy a DSLR :bsmilie:

just wondering how much is a Olympus C-210 Tele lense?

just wondering how much is a Olympus C-210 Tele lense?

From other postings.. seems u bought the C-210 already at $70 already har?? I'm curious about how does it performs.. as compared to the TCON-14..

I know the C-210 has longer 1.9x zoom as compared to the TCON-14's 1.45x.. but also read the C-210 quality not as good as the TCON-14.. and has vignetting even at full telephoto..

Can share experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.