Which Leica 28/50 Combo You Preferred

which 28/50 would you preferred?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I would like to get 28 cron

28 Elmarit + 50 APO

Seems like a good buy for 28 cron now especially for used.

Bandi having 50APO?

if I'll get 28 it will be cron paired with 50 lux is good... but I think I prefer these trio 21/35/50 ^_^

Good time to buy 28 cron.

For tele lenses i can understand why the need for biggest aperture possible.

But for wide angle used for street shots i will be living in F8 most of the time and using flash. I don't use 28mm for portraits, so i don't need the bokeh effect, so big aperture no really needed. For street shots, everything is moving so fast, you need to be F2.8 at least or flash - the F1.4 is difficult to focus and not needed

28 lux will bec a niche lens like 21 lux. Superfast wide angle can achieve a certain look, but i dont need that for my type of shot.

Seems like a good buy for 28 cron now especially for used.

Bandi having 50APO?

No way in hell..I thought the question was conditional :)
Happy with my cheaper Voigtlander 50 Nokton with home made focusing tab.

But for wide angle used for street shots i will be living in F8 most of the time and using flash. I don't use 28mm for portraits, so i don't need the bokeh effect, so big aperture no really needed. For street shots, everything is moving so fast, you need to be F2.8 at least or flash - the F1.4 is difficult to focus and not needed

Agreed. Hence my pick of the Elmarit.
Smaller, cheaper, less blockage, uses 39mm filters, more pocketable.
Less glam...if that matters.

Last edited:
You are right. For 28mm street, Elmarit is more than enough. In fact Elmarit is better coz of small size.

I think the 28lux might fit in well for those who have 50lux or noct

Especially those who love wide aperture

Would be hard to decide between

28/50APO summicron or 28/50 summilux

Any advice from our CS folk?