Which LCD TV ah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi guys,

Need some of your comments to help me make a decision... have intentions to get a LCD TV for my bedroom and so narrowed down to the 26" ones. But looking at 32" if it is worth the $$$ thou its a bit big for my bedroom ;p

Below prices are based on Best Denki offers. Those in red are what I managed to find. I would appreciate if you guys can comment on their quality and performance, value for money and especially if you guys have them and comment on your experience so far. Thanks!

26": (no wall mounting service)
1) Samsung LA26R71BX - $1899 -> $12++
2) Samsung LA26S71BX - $1299
3) Philips 26TA1000 - $1299
4) LG 26LC2R - $1299 -> $10++

32": (with wall mounting service)
1) Samsung LA32R71BX - $2599 - >$18++
2) LG 32LB1R - $1999 -> $17++

Get the 26" with a ceiling mount that can be pushed away via hydraulic arms when not in use. Saves space and have that wow factor when friends visit.

Get the 26" with a ceiling mount that can be pushed away via hydraulic arms when not in use. Saves space and have that wow factor when friends visit.

the arm will probably cost more than the TV!! But seriously, where to find this kind of thing in Singapore?

?? How does it look like? You need a contractor to do that??

?? How does it look like? You need a contractor to do that??

Not really unless you are not into DIY stuff. It involves a good masonry drill bit and four expansion bolts to install. I cannot find pictures of this online at the moment... let me check and get back.

ok thanks for the suggestion.

But any advise for the LCD itself??

Any reasons why you're not considernig the Sharp Aquos or Panasonic Veira?

Btw, saw 32" Viewsonic LCD TV at South Asia in Funan at S$1399.
Are their LCD TV as good as their monitors? :)

Ok... just came back from best denki and have decided that for a space small as a bedroom, I would go for the 26" ones and leave the bigger screen brothers for future upgrades for my living rm ;)

So to narrow down... the 26" series ones

1) Samsung LA26R71BX - $1899 -> $12++ (1st choice!)
2) Philips 26TA1000 - $1299
3) LG 26LC2R - $1299 -> $10+

Not considered sharp BX series cos I believe brightness and contrast ratio is poorer than the rest rite?

If I not wrong, the norm specs for the 26" ranges is brightness 500cd/m2 and 3000:1 contrast ratio.

Any bad experiences or major probs with the samsung 26" one? :think:

you can check out SHARP model as well.. the salesman who sell me the Sharp says that Sharp made their own LCD panel unlike Samsung, Philips, their LCD panel is made by LG..
I did a small research and it is indeed that Sharp made their LCD and not only that they are the 1st one who made the LCD... :)

you can check out SHARP model as well.. the salesman who sell me the Sharp says that Sharp made their own LCD panel unlike Samsung, Philips, their LCD panel is made by LG..
I did a small research and it is indeed that Sharp made their LCD and not only that they are the 1st one who made the LCD... :)

iirc, Samsung and Sony has a joint venture and manufactures their own LCD, which is called S-LCD

Try checkout the Sharp lcd tv, theres this shop at bugis junction, either 3rd or 4th floor that sells it for pretty decent price and hv additional 2yr sharp warranty by the agent. If you want to mount it, you need to get the wall bracket as well. Try looking at the various brands side by side so you can compare the picture quality, best denki at ngee ann city have quite a variety.

you'll need a masonary drill bit and i use an expanding bolt, these things should only be mounted on solid walls, not brick walls:)

Goodluck!

I thought the sony bravia range quite good lei...sony are know for thier LCD.

I thought the sony bravia range quite good lei...sony are know for thier LCD.

the design of the new V-Series looks better than the S-series. However, seems like a lot of people still prefers the "Made In Japan" V-series LCDs.

the design of the new V-Series looks better than the S-series. However, seems like a lot of people still prefers the "Made In Japan" V-series LCDs.

Where is the S series made?

go audio house or big, prices pretty gd. think audio house has 7 day refund policy too.

I have asked a salesman from Harvey Norman, on where the present SAMSUNG R71 series are made. His reply: Malaysia and/or Indonesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.