Which LCD to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Im going to COMEX to get 19" wide screen LCD but aint sure which fit in well..

There's viewsonic, samsung and lg at the price of $399.

But something bother me about was the contrast ratio. Most of the LCD are 500:1 but, I saw LG is 2000:1! How much different is it compared to the rest?

Which LCD is worth to buy if I also wanna do photoshop too. Im getting Powercolor graphic card too X1600.

My aim is to do photoshop and gaming too. Would like heed some advice from you all. :lovegrin:

Which... hm...;)

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
waa gaming and photoshop...
for photoshop best would be high contrast and 8-bits
for gaming, good response rate will be good. try to look for <8ms (only if you are playing fast game)

Hexlord

Dec 25, 2004
Bedok
hexlord.multiply.com
ExplorerZ said:
waa gaming and photoshop...
for photoshop best would be high contrast and 8-bits
for gaming, good response rate will be good. try to look for <8ms (only if you are playing fast game)
Haha LG got both fast response as well as good constrast + 8-bit (Although I heard of 10-bit???)

But what LG lose out to Samsung is the large variety of useful utilities.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Frankly, with your budget, it will be very difficult to get a true 8 bit LCD, as all (correct me if i am wrong) WS LCDs around the $3xx price point are using TN 6bit panels.

Even the LG panels which claim to be 8 bit (ie 19" 1952T) are TN panels - most probably they are so by 6bit + 2bit dithering (= 8 bit).

Your safest bet would be to get the Dell 2007FPW (S-IPS panels), or the $539 Viewsonic VX2025wm LCD (I'm using this, it's great.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom