Which LCD Brand and Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawyon

Sep 4, 2005
...are you using to do PS? You can post your make and model and perhaps a
short comments or experiences about your LCD monitor.

TIA.

Anyone can comment on any existing LCD brand you are using for PS?

Lawyon said:
Is this a very new model?

Hi Lawyon,

Yes this is a rather new model and the price vs performance ratio is unbeatable so far for a 20.1" true 24-bit panel.

As for LCDs, we can go a few pages long but key things to note is that we want a LCD panel that has a large color gamut so we can see most of the colors when we are working on it.

try reading this and it might help you understand more.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=181618

Cheers,
nic

I was about to join the MO until I realised that this is a wide screen format....I don't watch widescreen movies on my PC and I think that the normal screen formats suit my work better. Anyone has any recommendations on a good LCD monitor for photography? Sharpness and good Colour /contrast and userability are the main importance. Things like response time is not important as I don't play much games either.

ViewSonic VP920b :thumbsup:

If you must, stick to Viewsonic VP and VX series only. Let me checkout the pricing.

Cheers,
nic

Eizo L568 & occasionally Eizo L557 on my other rig.

Provided profile from Eizo is pretty accurate when used in sRGB mode. There was almost no difference after calibrating with an Eye-one D2

Firefox said:
Eizo L568 & occasionally Eizo L557 on my other rig.

Provided profile from Eizo is pretty accurate when used in sRGB mode. There was almost no difference after calibrating with an Eye-one D2

Eizos are great, that i must agree!

Gamut Labs said:
Eizos are great, that i must agree!

Yep.. But you do pay an arm and a leg for one.. And possibly another arm & leg if you target their ColourEdge or ColourGraphics series..

Status
Not open for further replies.