Which Laptop is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIUMLEE

Feb 2, 2004
Hi to all

My toshiba laptop which was about 4 yrs n 10 mths old pass away 1 week ago. Now I am eye for new laptop and there are 3 choices

IBM thinkpad x60http://www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=4611686018425100651&storeId=10000702&langId=702&categoryId=2060574&dualCurrId=1000097&catalogId=-702

Asus w5f http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1011&l1=5&l2=75&l3=0

Acer travelmate 3010 http://www.acer.com.sg/products/travelmate3010/psp_travelmate3010.asp

can give me some opinion of these 3 laptop, anyone of the brand laptop, story about these brands laptop or experience using those brands, thank for sharing your info.

15" powermac :)

im using a asus now for the past 3 years and its great ... but i want to switch to a mac tho

ibm are known for their durability but could be quite heavy depending on model...

Hi,

The Sony Vaio TX series.:thumbsup:

Cheers!
CSlye

I will recommend you on IBM and Sony VIAO. Both are equally good.

Some brands recommend (in random order):
- IBM
- Sony VIAO
- Fujitsu
- Toshiba

Budget range:
- Acer
- HP

MacBook Pro is da best.

get IBM... tough & reliable. everyone in my company use it

Without pricing there's no way to tell which is better. Other than brand loyalty.

Depending on the type of user you are, you should try to go for dedicated graphics cards. Also there's a energy drain problem associated with using the duos with USB peripherals. About 85% faster. Don't know if that's solved yet.

IBM's are supposed to be renowed for thier build quality, dunno if its the same with the leveno batches. My laptop is the last batch with that reg-green-blue IBM logo laio :)

Hi all

First I must thank everyone of you who give me opinions. This help me alot in choosing the best laptop that I could have. I appreciated to everyone of you who contribute to my thread "Which Laptop is better". Thank you very much.

Thank You

Titanium

Price is always the deciding factor. So you need to set yourself a comfortable budget and work from there onwards. :)

I'm looking for a small lap top too.

Looked at the IBM/Leveno but they are heavy and the design is rather squarish.

The Sony Vaio TX is damn chio! And damn light at about 1.2kg. But very expensive. Fujisu somes in 2nd and price is slightly cheaper.

But I prefer a Mac Powerbook which come with almost all the software that i'll need. The current range is rather heavy. Heard that they are coming out with a smaller version. Hope they can be as light as the Vaio TX.

weekh said:
I'm looking for a small lap top too.

Looked at the IBM/Leveno but they are heavy and the design is rather squarish.

The Sony Vaio TX is damn chio! And damn light at about 1.2kg. But very expensive. Fujisu somes in 2nd and price is slightly cheaper.

But I prefer a Mac Powerbook which come with almost all the software that i'll need. The current range is rather heavy. Heard that they are coming out with a smaller version. Hope they can be as light as the Vaio TX.

Hi acer has 1 model which is small and light. You may want to check on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.