Which Laptop for Photoediting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YqArts

Oct 20, 2008
Hougang
www.flickr.com
Hey people , im about to purchase a lap top and the most important feature its suppose to excel in is for photo/graphic editing.

Any Reccomendations? Im leaning towards MacBookPro 15inch 2.66Hz model now :)

I would recommend almost any laptop with a 1GB DDR3 video card and sufficient RAM. Most of these laptops also come with sufficient storage(500GBs) and fast processors(Penryns)

Hey people , im about to purchase a lap top and the most important feature its suppose to excel in is for photo/graphic editing.

Sigh... how I wish I could be using the MacBookPro 15 inch 2.66Hz right now.
You've said it already - the MacBookPro! That's the one for the job, bro!

Sigh... how I wish I could be using the MacBookPro 15 inch 2.66Hz right now.
You've said it already - the MacBookPro! That's the one for the job, bro!

Yea.. But it comes with a really big Pinch! haha.. i wonder if anyone will reccommend any alternate Lappie that can serve similar level of workload! :thumbsup:

Hey bro! i really recommended MacbookPro, but depend on your budget too !! I'm using 17 inch and was superb quality and great graphic performance....never regreat

Hey bro! i really recommended MacbookPro, but depend on your budget too !! I'm using 17 inch and was superb quality and great graphic performance....never regreat

Woah 17inch... must have costed a bomb! and it will call for more back breaking experience :angry:

btw, is the difference between 9600 and 9400 big?

Macbook Pro.

macbook pros are sorta affordable these days ever since apple remarketed their line of laptops...mine cost 1988...editing on it is a breeze..the screen is damn good and not much calibration needed to produce prints....

Macbook Pro :)thumbsup:) user here

macbook pros are sorta affordable these days ever since apple remarketed their line of laptops...mine cost 1988...editing on it is a breeze..the screen is damn good and not much calibration needed to produce prints....

I would choose Mac over Windows for photo editing.

More and more reason for me to get Mac Pro then... THanks! :thumbsup: haha

i just paid my credit card bills with AXS machine and the receipt given says if you present it at epi centre-wheelock, suntec, bugis, ion, you get 5% off mac and 8% off ipods.

you might want to check it out and see if T&Cs are favourable.

Woah 17inch... must have costed a bomb! and it will call for more back breaking experience :angry:

btw, is the difference between 9600 and 9400 big?

9400 is an integrated card, while the 9600 is a separate card. The difference in speed is pretty noticable if you use a gpu intensive application like apple's aperture.

Due note that 9600 is getting "old" and you can get notebooks (non macs) with the gtx 260 or higher cards which are a new generation of video cards. One thing is macs do a good job of selling aged technology for top prices.

MACBOOK PRO 15" > APERTURE > PSCS3 or 4 .. that's it! Simple, powerful, no regrets and of coz dun be penny wise pound foolish :)

What's with all the iZombies here?

In any case, is using a notebook that important? The price/performance ratio is quite a bit worse.

Generally in photoediting, there are two frequent causes of delays. Processing and harddisk delays. Processing delays happen when you do an computationally intensive operation on a large picture. These delays do not happen very frequently for basic editing work, like colour/exposure/crop/rotate operations. Loading delays on the other hand are very frequent. They happen when you load or save, when the OS or application hits the swap files, when temp files are used, when browsing huge numbers of pictures, etc. For this reasons, laptops are inherently poorer choices for dedicated photo editing. The 2.5" laptop harddisk is no fight for its 3.5" cousin, in transfer speeds, access time, capacity and price. The difference is very significant, so you might want to factor this in before plonking your hard earned money down on a lappy. You can get a SSD for your laptop; it is faster, but it costs a lot more and will fill up very quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.